Bayer Diabetes Care Up For Sale!

Discussion in 'Bayer' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2012 at 7:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why in the Hell would a company like Panasonic want to get into the BGM market? THe only Bayer has going for it, is the partnership with Medtronic! A billion dollars for products that are me to at best, and an every shrinking margin on strips. Bayer also relies heavily on Medicare for business, and that will soon go bye bye with competitive bidding. So 25% of Bayer sales that is already at a low price will disappear, as the gov't moves to put expensive patients with diabetes on crappy meters out of the orient. This whole segment is a cluster, and unfortunatly we did it to ourselves. We lowered price everywhere just to try and get on contracts and get share, now the whole thing is in the toilet. Your right, no need for sales force run it through contracts, and DTC to the customer, mail the product to the MD office and your on your way. Panasonic, if they do buy, tey have to wonder, why none of the other 3 big players want to pick them up, get rid of the whole sales force, and just keep moving along with even more products in the pipeline. Only time will tell.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why? Why has GE? There must be some money to be made. If memory serves me well Panasonic already is in the bgm business. Who do you think makes our meters for us?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Manufacturing is 1 thing, having to run the whole business and be responsible for falling margins, falling prices is another. I realize they make our crap, but why not just keep making it, why buy the whole ship. Unless it is at a very reasonable price. They also just entered the US market as a Healthcare company in April and set up shop in Jersey, so maybe?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Google Roche and Panasonic... They just announced a partnership with them in the diabetes market in june 2012.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So is Bayer selling off diabetes care or is this still just an unsubstantiated rumor?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the Arkray meter on the left. Thus, we can logically conclude they are buying Arkray as well.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gotta love logic! A dying art you know.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you have all the answers... Enlighten us oh mighty one

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it soup yet?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Geez, it's been almost years since I left this hole and every once in a while I look back and see where it's going....and it's always in the same direction...rolling backwards downhill!!! HA! Somethings never change!!!

Best of luck to all those desperately seeking other opportunities

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're probably one of those that got let go during the layoffs and only wish you were still here. I'm sick of people getting on this site to complain. If you don't like Bayer, there's the door. There's plenty of people out of a job happy to take your place.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And your probably one of those folks who make BDC the hellhole that it is.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! Too funny, BDC is a dead end and everyone knows it!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My guess and logic tell me that if you were really happy and content , you would never look back. Therefore, the fact that you come on this board and actually submit a comment tells us all that you realize that the grass was not greener! Soooo, do not underestimate the intelligence on this board. Yes, it can be rumors, haste, and gossip. But, you can go ahead and wipe the egg off your face....Cowboy/girl. Ride on, ride on...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Logic? Haha now that is funny. You should use your logic to make the decision to start looking for a job. I know I am. It doesn't matter who buys us. With competitive bidding on the horizon we are all screwed! You can blame SF, TG, NK or anyone else all you want. Poor sales reps or even weak product launches don't matter. Competitive bidding will crush us and your crazy if you think our leadership or the next will be able to save us from CB. Even CCS has started to realize it and they are dropping big brands. I for one am touching up my resume.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow that's the most honest thing ever posted on here

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical Bayer mess. CCS drops Roche and lifescan and I have absolutely no samples to give my CCs rep to take advantage of the situation. Accounts are needing samples and here I sit waiting for samples of the next gen meter. Wtf! Great planning!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So just got a job in central function in switzerland. Wondering where this is going....

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No meters to smaple at the busiest time of the year! No wonder Bayer is last in the market; I for one plan to spend the rest of summer on my ass. (or at least until they send us more then 60 meters)