Baxalta acqusition

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Aug 26, 2015 at 9:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly what is in the news this morning - Shire continues to pursue this deal with a higher offer. Simply means more layoffs to makes the economics work. What a culture.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Patience my precious ... BXLT will soon be under Shire... I told you so!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Baxalta is a new company and does not want to be bought and that should be the end of it! What kind of guy comes after a company a few days after they go public? His behavior is shameful and an embarrassment. And after hearing this story, I don't want to work for Shire anymore and I want to dump my stock. Shire should move on to a small company that is interested. But Flemming is a bully with a huge ego. He's arrogant like Donald Trump. And like Trump, he's gonna lose!!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the issue is that he tried to be a bully and failed at his goal. He shot himself in the foot, looks like he lost his composure, and didn't proceed like a competent businessman. From the news he apparently couldn't control his emotions, couldn't build a business relationship and instead tried to bully the deal. People will forgive winners, it's losers they don't respect.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes my precious! Gollum the Evil One!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good point though a sad reflection of our culture. If he were good at business we'd probably have nothing to complain about. All the leaders here seem to be dictatorial types who expect everyone and everything to know-tow to them.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Flemming is still trying to bully the deal. Who wants to work for a company whose CEO posts a letter on our website like a jilted lover when he doesn't get his way? How many other CEOs have done such a thing?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are all experiencing his ham-handed leadership first hand. His dirty 30 can't build a company so they are desperate to keep buying anything.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another biotech Gilead is building cash about $25B to ready another acquisition.... Price to acquire BXLT now heading north of $50/share! Appears we had our chance

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whatever FOs strategy was it clearly failed. And now that his "orphan vision" is blowing up all over, he may appreciate the ADHD business, or what's left of it, a little more.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He's made it known early on, he doesn't like the ADHD business. It's "too dirty!"

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you're a nobody, just imagine a lot of celebrities are in love with you. Narcissism is the best cure for attention deficit disorder.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You mean too profitable. Am I mistaken in that all our new launches involve the Vyvanse or Intuniv? What's that say about our orphan "strategy?"

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stock too low...shire now back to being the target

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We'd be stripped for parts. The orphan "strategy" is becoming risky and passe, and FO has systematically eliminated the part of the business that provided product diversity. We'd be a revenue flow for a larger comany.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Paybacks are a bitch....

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wish Pearson or Suanders were our CEO. Business savvy leadership would be cool.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me thinks Kathy Kobe should be CEO because she is such a role model for all women and is such a big success all on her own merits. Only problem is she's the only one who knows this. She puts it on her slides though.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Along with that kick-ass picture of herself. We wouldn't want anyone to forget what she looks like...so let's just attach it to every worthless memo we can. Ridiculous.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is really funny how enamored she is with herself. The best is when she tried to justify why she was standing up on stage in front of us. She got the cold shoulder in Chicago and then blamed her managers for people not engaging her. Engage her in what??? Advice on how to ride someone's coat tails all through your career without accomplishing much or winning any respect? LMAO!