Base Salary expectation

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Jan 20, 2016 at 8:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I currently work for a competitor and one of the reps keeps calling me asking to join their district. I can't get a straight answer out of the rep in Ohio regarding base salary expectations. Can someone help me out here? I don't care about the car the benefits or the 401(k). What kayaks back as someone with 10 years neuralgic spirits selling in Ohio? Thank you

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is supposed to say what can I expect as a 10 year experienced sales rep selling in the Ohio area?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would a rep know what the base salary expectations are? That is between the hiring manager and HR.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"neuralgic spirits" Are you actually from Nigeria working on one of those scam emails?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What kayaks back as someone with 10 years neuralgic spirits selling in Ohio?
    Stick with the job you got sparky until you become an American citizen and learn our language.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Glass door could provide you with some insight into salaries if this a legitimate question. I find it hard to believe someone would try to recruit you and not give you salary information. What part of Ohio? Not aware of any openings that haven't been filled.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's what happens when you are using talk to text on an iPhone LOL. Yes I am definitely an American born and bred !

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4 yrs ago we had to provide w2 from prior years and then got around a 10% bump. For LTC went from 95 to 105k base. Less of bump if you are coming in with previous base of 110k+

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is the 50K bonus for Long term care, realistic?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

only if you promote off label
    Then get ready for jail

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You apparently haven't heard. Those sort of bonus are reserved for the friends. The rest of the 95% salesforce get about 10-20K bonus a year. Good luck.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The above post is correct! This company is running a scam. One person is the district gets huge bonuses and about 3-4 get nothing while the people in the middle get around target. DO NOT expect to make any bonus $ here. Talk to some Drs first about if they really care about a laughing/crying drug and figure out if you actually can move this product before you take the job.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do any reps NAM's at Avanir make a base more than 113K ?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The newer Nam's make 50-60K base. The original reps who had to be seasoned reps with Neuro experience came in about $120K base.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The benefits suck

Health insurance is expensive with a plan that pays for nothing

The vacation time is a joke

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place is a house of cards with the DOJ investigating. If you don't believe me, ask your manager why we have 20% + turnover. Oh that's right, because we all make so much bonus, not. Get ready for some big changes.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, 122.5k.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Easily. I will more than double that this year.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The men get a much higher base salary
    Gender discrimination

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I received an offer and the benefits and vacation are pretty standard for this industry when you start at a company. 2 weeks plus company closes between xmas and new years. Base offer is decent. I have 10+ years experience and was hoping for more on the base, but I was shooting high so I'm not disappointed. If the bonus payout is even half of what the goal is then I'll still be making great money.