Background Check

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Jan 11, 2008 at 11:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello

I am in the interview process with Stryker to be in sales. Do they check your educational background? I am 3 credits shy of my degree.

Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3 credits short should get you the CEO role

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The class that you missed is the one where they talk about ethics in the workforce. Wadda ya think? If you signed a release form giving them authorization to check your background, then they will check your background. Now get back to school and finish that damn degree. (Most of the device companies require that piece of paper.)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES YES AND YES AGAIN!!!!! I heard it DIRECTLY from the mouth of the GENERAL MANAGER during the final stages of an interview with STRYKER!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol, sure you are.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told credit isn't a deal breaker at Stryker. What was your outcome? Also, did they contact your present employer for the employment verification. I hope they don't. If so, my next sales meeting will be awkward! Good luck!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do they get your transcripts or just verification that you graduated??????

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Call me crazy, but wouldn't your transcripts be able to verify that you graduated?
    Go get your degree so it isn't an issue.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whats the process for them verifying your past employers? Just a call to them? Im curious because if I dont alert my jerkoff exboss someone is going to call him he will never answer his phone.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do they check your driving record. I got a speeding ticket about four years ago. While fighting the ticket in court I let a lawyer represent me so I wouldn't have to constantly appear. At every court appearance I was suppose to pay a $20 fee to keep my license valid but the lawyer did not do this. Long story short my licence was suspended for failure to pay summons a few times. Is that a deal breaker with Stryker. The last suspension charge was in June of 2009. I know most company's only care about the past three years of your driving record. I cleared all of these suspensions up and paid the outstanding fees in November of 2009 but the last charge was in June 2009. Kinda confusing I know I just hope failure to pay a summons wont cause me to fail a background check. It wasn't like my license was suspended for anything bad it was just b/c a fee wasn't paid.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had a DUI a few years ago. Paid my dues and got though it. Is this an issue for SYK?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is a misdemeanor a problem or only a felony?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big problem for Stryker, especially if it is still under 7 years old.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just be sure to be honest on your application. If you have something on there that isn't true and it comes out in the check (education, DUI, etc...) it is the company policy that they can't hire you. It isn't the issue you had that causes the problem it's hiding it by falsifying the application. Hope that helps.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is a misdemeanor a problem?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

would a suspended license for "Failure to Pay Summons" be a deal breaker. I didn't pay a ticket 3 years ago and my licenses was suspended due to it. I had no idea about it until a few months later.... Would Stryker not hire me because of this?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct 100% better to be honest and upfront. No one cares you had a DUI or a speeding ticket or if you did not get your degree (unless the position requires it). Disclose all info, you wont have an issue.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should I tell them I am willing to offer doctors bribes or consulting agreements. I heard this is normal for the industry, just wanted to know if this is part of the ethics and high standards that Stryker is looking for. Thanks in advance

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When in the interview process should you be upfront? For example during the first interview or when you get the offer (obviously before the background check)....

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's so wrong dude. They're not bribes, they're "consultation fees."