Baby's coming in 4 weeks - ViaCord or CBR? Help!

Discussion in 'Cord Blood Registries' started by markn, Aug 22, 2007 at 12:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Answer to the "pot" questionner:

I am just wondering why not have cord blood storage, since it is such an important matter on the long run, be governed and audited by a reliable body down to the lastest backup generator.

why can't you understand matters of life? you are the exact kind of people that should not deal with cord blood matters, or health care matters. What's in it for you?

I think you should change career and sell something else, like real estate or broker stocks (you need a license for each but you don't need to be caring in the matters of life to get licensed).

R

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

C'mon! The baby should be ready to take the SAT by now! Mazoltov!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go with a company that is tested daily when it comes to using the stored cord blood. I promise it's not either of the big marketing Giants (CBR or Viacord) do your own research before you spend this type of money on storage, The truth is easy to see and it will lead you to StemCyte. We have two units stored and the first one was with one of the marketing gorillas...we learned allot since than and I wish I could move it. Don't be sold by some call center person that doesn't have the background to be discussing this new science. DO IT YOURSELF.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is exactly why cord storage should not be privatized. what am I gonna tell my son? Sorry, I chose company X instead of Y because X had a better salesman 'then' Y ?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow this site is useless other than for a good laugh about reps going at each others throats. Thanks for wasting everyone's time on a relevant question. I guess i'll get me anwers from my Doctor since even trying to find info. on this site or any other on the net absolutely worthless except for people to sling crap at each over the company they work for. Really pathetic people! Pharma reps are no differnet than car salesmen...if anything they're worse!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a very old post.
    Therefore, the parents of CBR baby #1, are proud to announce the marriage of their daughter, to CBR baby #2.
    The wedding will take place in Phoenix, AZ, on Saturday, May 22,2010, at 7:00 P.M.
    RSVP is appreciated.
    Dinner to follow the ceremony, at the Antioch Baptist Church.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CORD TRAK

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gift registry for CBR baby#1 has just been made available. The CBR baby is registered at Nordstrom's, Macy's, and Target. Further information to follow.

9. what's the point of buying CBR (gift registry? wow, CBR, crib, gold bullion, swiss bank account (some countries already have an option to offer cash into the baby's bank account at retailers and the retailer keeps a percentage), wedding ceremony planning, gaskets, all on baby registry...)...where is the world going?

does the gift registry fee for CBR include "and x years of storage?"

there should be councelling by professionals not by retailers' medically illetrate salespeople at the gift registry counter.

why not add "AIDS TESTING" to wedding registries, 3D Ultrasound to baby shower list and other items that require medical councelling (or should).

some people have no shame, other people have no ethics. These people have neither.

10. I pressed send too soonm, haven't finished,

so if you find disdain at the idea of having CBR advised by sales people at the gift registry, then why no be disdained from sales people advising CBR matters online... sales people are sales people, they have one thing in mind, commission.

I am not saying that CBR is or is not important, I am not a medical spokesperson. I am just saying let the medical community answer this post.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The wedding announcements for CBR babies 1and 2 should be mailed out this week. All those planning to attend the event should be returning their RSVP! Plenty of room available in the area!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First and foremost congratulations on your new baby! It is wonderful that you have decided to go with private banking. Narrowing your decision down to ViaCord and CBR was also an excellent choice. I worked for one of those companies and banking with either of them will be fine. If you decide you can't afford it, then please donate the cord.

You can also go firsthand to research Eric Drew. He is an adult, male recepient of a cord blood transplant from a baby girl. I believe he is the only living adult from a donated cord. I think he would give you the best answer. By the way, he was living in Los Gatos, CA.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you worked for Viacord! Eric Drew speaks on behalf of Viacord. I am surprised that a Viacord rep would support CBR.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CBR# 1 and I both met with him last year before we got married. He was able to share insight into benefits and possible problems of young marriages.
    I know we made the right choice!

Hugs,
    CBR Baby# 2

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this thread still alive? Wow.

Just an update-- I finished the AMREF donation project (as explained earlier in this thread) and now send $75 donations to The Nature Conservancy. So far over $2000 has been raised through the MSALE coupon ( http://www.cordblood-sale.com/home/donations-listing ).

If you reading this thread and you are an expectant parent, and if you are thinking of choosing The Cord Blood Registry to store cord blood or cord tissue, please consider using my referral code (MSALE from the Brooks family). You'll save an easy $250 PLUS you'll save a bit of nature. It's quick, hassle-free, doesn't take any extra time, and it doesn't cost you anything more.

I thought it would be nice to celebrate each birth by helping to keep endangered species alive, for all our children (and their children, and their children) to enjoy.

Thanks for reading. And if you are expecting, no matter which option you choose, and whether or not you choose to bank-- best wishes for an easy and joyful delivery! It's an exciting time.

Referral code "MSALE" from the Brooks family
    http://www.cordblood-sale.com

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have started donating to help support the Bald Eagle, and Whooping Crane endangered species organizations!

CBR Baby# 2

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am pregnant and I am NOT going with CBR.. they harrass me and I feel like they are trying to force me into going with their company. And to make matters worse, I asked my OB who had a baby and banked with CBR, what she thought of them and she told me that when she had her baby... they told her they had a great collection and now her child is sick with CP and they told her that they dont have enough stem cells to do the procedure... All of that money was wasted... and she said she calls them and they wont call her back.... my mind is made up.. I am going with StemCyte. They have a public and private bank... sounds like a winner to me!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I can tell you is that CBR has been good to me since my birth. I met many nice babies here, and I met my husband, CBR Baby# 1. We are happy!

Hugs,
    CBR Baby# 2

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously live in Star Trek land. Are you part of the Federation? Seriously, why do you think there is going to be serious advances in medicine without a profit motive, especially with all the safety/efficacy hurdles in place by the FDA. Um those things cost money....lots of money. My friend, maybe one day we will live in this lala land, but right now your idealism is delusional.
    PS: the United Nations is a currupt/unethical organization in itself. Maybe you should look into that problem.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OOOOOOOH! That all seems like a lot of "poop" to me!

Hugs,
    CBR Baby# 2