Avinger

Discussion in 'Avinger' started by Anonymous, Oct 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is this company still in business? I have not sent or heard of them in months

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not for long. I give them 6 more months

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where is the idiot that posted this??? Lol

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm sure it was that moron Rafferty who posted right before he got whacked.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Meeting in Chicago this week...total waste of time. This company is a joke. I need to get out of here quickly.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Avinger hires John Borrell, and lots of people end up hating him, and they blame it on Jeff. So JBS throws his weight around on the replacement search and picks Joe Rafferty, and guess what? Lots of people end up hating him. So what do you do when you wash out with two solid but uninteresting choices for VP of sales? Bring the founder's son in! Sure, he's got no track record to speak of, but at least he gets ipads for everyone. This place is doomed.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place is comical. Should be a reality show!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My prediction on Monday after the company holds it's earning call is that the stock will drop another 50% and go down to $2.50 a share by end of market on Tuesday. Bye bye!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Position already filled. JD Simpson is the new VP of Sales. Look for the company to file chapter 11 soon!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who cares?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On the earnings call, Jeff referred to JD as "senior VP of marketing." Does that mean he is responsible for sales and marketing now?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct. It's over.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd have to agree with you. Things do not seem real stable here. They only have 22 million in operating cash and with their burn rate, they will be out of cash by end of 2016. I just don't see how they can make it. RIP Avinger.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They'll get bought. Won't go bankrupt.

Technology could be a game changer, but people making decisions on how to get it to market are idiots.

Could be a very successful product, but not under Avinger.

Their trying to launch the same way fox hollow did 15 years ago. Environment has changed. They don't get it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's only a gamechanger in Dr. Simpsons head. Until there is data proving the claims, the technology is very limited. I disagree on someone buying them. Very doubtful at this point. I think their days are numbered. The end is near and it's just a matter of time.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is what I am thinking too. At this point, why would they get bought? I'm sure that they could get acquired for a bargain, but I just don't see what they buyer would get from the deal (besides headaches, apparently). It doesn't seem like anyone is losing market share to them. There's some data about the product, but not much. And what company that is currently selling catheters or balloons wants to take on a capital product?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They had a good suitor in Abbott Vascular for two reasons. OCT is vital for them as they move to next frontier with bioreabsorbable scaffolds and they don't have an atherectomy option. However, with the St. Jude acquisition, I would take Abbott off the table. No way they buy just for Pantheris. These guys are finished soon. It's crumbling all around them and will eventually crumble to the ground.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stock at $3.75. Market cap at $47m. This is pretty bad....

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RUN as fast as you can if you're still there. It's coming to an abrupt end soon.