AV Temecula Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true, when a huge amount is scrapped and the only concern is utilization it really demonstrates "Business Excellence" accreditation as an effective accumen for outsourcing.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What was the severance package?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably same as always, but those affected are not supposed to divulge the details.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is how big pharma rolls
    Bring back GUIDANT!...
    It's a great day to be alive

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have utterly destroyed a strong, highly profitable and totally awesome company through their incompetency. I have never seen such a group of management losers in all of my years in this industry. Unfortunately, it's the worker level that pays for their screw-ups. Getting laid off was truly a blessing!

Abbott - A Promise to Lie

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1 week for every year of service. Plus vacation payout. And half week for every year your over 40. 60 days pay as a requirement of warn. Plus a additional 6 weeks. They had the nerve to tell some to go to manpower and get on the list to be hired back a a later date. Plus if you get a job after 90 days the payout reduces. Never heard of such a thing. Laid off by 2 medical device companies. Both paid 2 weeks per year with no strings attached.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The payout reduces only if you inform HR. Just sayin...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to the "Hunger Games" heres your ticket.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to the "Hunger Games" heres your ticket.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much was the bonus? Since I have to wait till next week to get... Then I will turn in my two minute notice

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, that's gonna happen :D

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hunger Games part 2 June 26th. ABBOTT A Promise We Wont Break.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that what the transfer plan says when OTW Xpedition, June 26th, is fully transferred to Costa Rica. If that is the case, then hello layoffs in June. Where else can they put the people, not like the stuff the R&D guys are building in the 3rd floor R&D lab/production line will be ready for Ops.

If anyone on the Product Transfer team can confirm this date, we will greatly appreciate it

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not a bad package. How long do they continue the medical? I guess those of us at ADC are next....wonder when.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the next "mini-layoff" will be in ~ 4-6 weeks as they realign everyone that's left in production and support staff. The site goal is to get down to less than 500 employees in TEM site by mid 2014. after that, it's anyone's guess but i dont' c the site continuing for much longer.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bob Reese is rolling over in his grave.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who the heck is bob reese? is that the guy from "person of interest"? j/k

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bob Reese founded ACS, which later became Guidant.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correction: which later became our division within Guidant.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He also started interventional technologies. Very good man and fun to work with and for.