Attune Tibia issue

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by anonymous, Dec 12, 2015 at 1:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Were these docs using sigma RP or sigma FB before? Reason I ask is that the few I have heard about were FB guys who didn't have the greatest cement technique. Sigma FB tray had such a long stem/keel portion that you could get away with that. It is concerning to hear some of these even though I'm sure most are competitive reps trying to make an issue out of something.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Attune tibias are coming out with little effort and look like they just came out of the package.
    Exactly what we have seen. We have done 6 revisions last 2 months.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not the cement.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is corporates line!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are really bad surgeons in the world that put in implants that work everywhere else.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not the surgeon.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marketing spitting their BS again. When paid DePuy surgeons switch because of this issue. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. In fact, go back in the timeline for attune and you will see this was brought up well before the release. I bet there's a room with a paper shredder working overtime right about now.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are JnJ! That's our style!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

remember ASR and how we spun that. I still haven't recovered politically. marketing spoke to my customer on the phone and stated we were pulling sets that weren't turning enough initially around ASR. why do we do this to ourselves

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agree with the above poster. Where there's smoke there's fire. just hope we dont have a five alarm fire again

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why on earth would you have your customer talk to the Depuy marketing team??

13. Jim Kohlmann

Jim Kohlmann Guest

14. Jim Kohlmann

Jim Kohlmann Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been putting in the Attune knee since July 2014 and I am seeing many of these patients with persistent knee pain and radiolucencies around the tibia. I bet I've got at least 10 or more to revise. I stopped using it as of Tuesday. I am really upset about this and I am really upset that the company has not warned me about this. They know about this problem I am certain. I am supposed to talk with somebody from the company, but based upon experience with other flawed implants from any company, I can only guess what the response will be. Is my cement technique flawed? What is the doctor doing wrong?. That is not going to work. I've been doing this for a long time and I have never seen anything like this loose tibia problem in my entire career.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Attune definitely has a tibia loosening problem

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A troll pretending to be a surgeon on this site. That's a new one!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I remember when Corp and some reps were calling the few who told the truth about ASR trolls.... Thankfully Attune isn't killing people.