Attune Tibia issue

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by anonymous, Dec 12, 2015 at 1:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait until you see the posters/papers that come out at AAOS from a couple of really well published surgeons.

Attune trays are loosening just like ASR hips failed - and no amount of polishing registry data is going to change the reality.

What was that great ASR data? 99.2% in the UK registry? 18 months before the recall?

That is actually better than the Attune registry data. This would be kinda funny if real patients weren't having their lives screwed.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll be at AAOS and I am willing to bet there will not be a word about Attune baseplates coming loose. If you can tell me generally where to look I would gladly send all my surgeons that way as I want them to be in the loop as well.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol, there's no drama happening at aaos. More trolls.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you will find that if you go to the posters (which DePuy folks tend to avoid for obvious reasons) you will get what you need.

DePuy knew plenty about ASR failure in 2007 and pulled it in 2010 so you probably have plenty of time to find a new job.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol at the posters. Ya, that will work just like it worked for ASR and pinnacle. Remember those posters, because I do, and they didn't stop anyone from putting those in patients. In reality I have seen way more Stryker hips fucking people up recently then any other companies products. Im sure for every 1 Attune that needs revised there's 15 Stryker hip revisions going on. Long story short, our deep pockets mean we don't give a shit and can pay up while still making a fortune. Welcome to reality.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is great to hear about your deep pockets over there. Sleep well my friends, and someday my other friend named Karma will come knocking at your door to collect his dues.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think deep pockets is supposed to mean Karma can kiss their ass. At least that's what ASR and Pinnicle has shown. Surgeons don't care, they will use Depuy regardless of what's going on.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know, what's with that? Can't believ they stay, even when reps leave, or they have a sucky one.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When ASR bit the dust, surgeons could just switch to Pinnacle. When Pinnacle MoM bit the dust, they could just switch to poly bearings.

Problem if Attune gets recalled is that we've kind of trashed Sigma now and it would be tricky switching people back even if we could build inventory in time.

Starting to mention the Design Project to "improve fixation" and make trays "more robust" to surgical technique sounds like something from the ASR playbook and will have attorneys licking their chops.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whenever the revision system comes it will keep the surgeons busy for a few years on repeat business until we buy a company with a knee and bring those surgeons over to Depuy. Your welcome.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medical College of Virginia-banned Attune from their institution I heard. They have a designing surgeon on staff

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

William A. Jiranek, M.D.
    That is who you are referring to I assume. Someone please call VCU and confirm or deny this rumor. If a paid consultant has raised the red flag then this will hit hard.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someone needs to figure this out if true. Who's the rep? How can we get a hold of him? I doubt they would ban a particular implant they had been implanting without a recall. Any patient who was operated on at a VCU facility should have their attorneys on stand by if true.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Damn, you would think we would know if this was true. Can't be.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well it sure as hell shut all the chirping birds up about how great Attune is.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't remember hearing any birds singing attune.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Husband just had revision due to tibial loosening of ATTUNE plate. How do I find out data on failure rates?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Check out the MAUDE database. Type in attune tibia and read away. There is no documented data on failure rates yet. Sorry to hear about your husband.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear, here are the current revision rates from two national joint registries:

UK joint registry: 1.39% at 3 years and the industry average is 1.5%

Australian joint registry: 0.5% for cruciate retaining and 0.4% for posterior stabilized at one year with the industry average being 1%