Arrogant contrite stupid mangers

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Oct 23, 2015 at 2:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The top boobs on the list: Bob McMahon, Dave Schechter, Jay Galeota, and others.
    Did you notice they repeat what others say....they are like a parrots.
    Try to get them to explain what they mean and you will see they are so shallow.
    Welcome to the New Stupid Merck!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please include Thomas L. Lyon III, one of Bob McHahon's golden boy suckups. I cannot stand his corporate jargon such as "are we level set", "let's take a deep dive, "let's torture the words", "what's your ask", and the worse is when he tells us at the end of meetings or teleconferences "have a great weekend when you get there". No wonder Merck sucks.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like the kind of person who would masterbate while looking in the mirror.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too much "deep diving" while "overarching". Fell on his head while "crossing the chasm".
    Any inane "innovation" comment works as well.
    Indeed!!!! Dopey phrases spread like wildfire once one more senior imbecile utters one to the adoring crowd.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mike George was the worst that I saw in my decades at Merck. No one else came close.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Perhaps.
    But SO many tried!
    Several still are.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thomas L. Lyon III is pretty bad. He has run off over 6 managers in the last 4 years. CTL's despise him as much as reps. He has also run dozens of vaccine reps off, usually the ones that know more than him or had started in Vaccines before him.

He is also a backstabbing micromanager that wants to be in the field constantly which puts pressure on his region to constantly have milk runs set up for him. Good luck getting a word in edgewise with him too. He loves to hear himself talk, mostly about himself or demotivating his region with corny corporate jargon or dumb analogies. Don't take my word for it, listen to him for about 15 minutes. You will figure out real quick why he is a legend on this board.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He belongs in management of Pharmacology.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe they are fed up with reps who can't even spell "manager" correctly? No wonder the vaccine division is sinking.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody asked you so go back to foraging in dumpsters for food loser troll.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amazing how stupid this management is....it is difficult to believe anything they say.
    Sad and such pathetic is the state of affairs. You wonder how they put out all the kaka.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

:D
    :D

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Northern California has to wonder about Lance Lopez and why in the hell he is still around. The worst manager I've known and lacks in almost every people skillset. Great at pointing out your weaknesses but doesn't have a good thing to say at the end of the day. Go back to screwing with numbers. You certainly haven't figured out how to get along with humans...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It sounds like all those Merck bosses are strung out on Adderall. My advise is that they stop taking the shit. Adderall just makes you sound like you know what the fuck you are saying when it reality you just sound like that beauty queen from South Carolina. Stop taking the shit Merck Managers.

The shit will turn you into a beauty Queen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Using phrases like that is a classic sign of insecurity. Back in the day, at a different corporation, we had an asshole manager that absolutely loved to talk in that shitty idiotic style/manner. It was a huge turn off to his direct reports, but he just couldn't see how disengaged from him we all were.

Then he got a new boss. The new boss was a no nonsense, no bullshit, straight shooter that didn't mince words and told it like it really was. Guess what the asshole jargon spewing shithead did! Well, he sure wasn't Pol Parrot spewing bullshit corporate buzzwords anymore. The best thing about it all though, was it didn't take the straight shooter long to ship the a-hole to another division in the company. We cheered and sang in the aisles.

Not long after that, the straight shooter had an all hands mandatory meeting. His mesaage? "We're going eliminate corporate speak. No more acronyms, no buzzwords. Say what you mean or don't say it. Don't come into my office with a presentation with one acronym on it, or your presentation will immediately end."

One day I got a phone call from an old pal of mine that now worked at the location the a-hole was shipped to. "Do I KNOW that a-hole?? Hell yeah!" I said. I asked Is he spewing a lot of corporate bullshit jargon? "Yeah! And we all hate his ass for it too!" Some a-holes never learn, do they?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. But it sure was pretty fuckin' funny!!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There's a bit more to this story that I should have added. It so clearly demonstrates how some managers can not seem to ever see themselves through the eyes of others.

Just a bit more of background, if I may. At that time, I worked in The New York City metro area. The new straight shooting boss was an ardent fan of the New York Football Giants.

The shithead told someone at his new work location, that he was "absolutely certain" he knew why the straight shooter had shipped him there. The shithead was a Dallas Cowboy's fan, and he "was absolutely certain that his former boss had done it because he HATES The Cowboys, and that's why he hated me!"

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi. Huge Merck troll here. Reason I troll the Merck boards is because my daughter works for Merck.

There's a huge common denominator shared among all large corporations, and it's simply PEOPLE! You'll find similar stories about managers at virtually all large corporations. I'm a retired old curmudgeon (so my daughter says) and I had some management assignments for a Fortune 100.

Not that I'd expect anyone to take the following advice, but many managers would serve themselves well if they just stopped for a second and asked themselves "How hard ARE my words falling on my people's ears? Are they hanging on every word I say?" Chances are they're doing just that.

At the end of my career, I was an "assistant" (a go-fer) for a very senior exec in my corporation. He was as rough and tumble as they come. Some said he was "One tough son of a bitch." Anyway, he too was about to retire. One day he looked at me and said "Jack isn't gonna last in my job." Jack was just announced as being The SOB's replacement. I didn't ask why Jack wouldn't last because I knew I was going to be told why. See, I knew how to "STFU and listen "as my daughter is so fond of saying. By the way, that's another skill most managers aren't good at - LISTENING! Most just run their mouths at you. Rarely, if ever, do the truly listen.

"Jack's not a big enough Prick. Too nice of a guy. Ya gotta really know how to bust balls to survive in this job." And I agreed with him. I didn't actually tell him I agreed, but he knew I was thinking the same thing.

But as tough as that SOB was, he was NEVER a phony bullshitting corporate buzzword spouting idiot. If he said it, he meant it. He might not have said it politely, but everybody knew "WTF" he was talking about. He was often very blunt. He told me that AFTER he retired, he'd get in touch with his softer side. And he did! I saw him not too long ago playing with his grand kids in a public park. He was putty in his three and five year old kids hands. If you didn't know him, you'd never have guessed he was a tough old sumbitch!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Troll again. there's one other thing I forgot to mention in my previous post.

Managers need to understand HOW they are perceived in the eyes of their employees in order to be a good leader. If the employees think you're an idiot, you have zero chance of being an effective leader.

Perception. It's all about perception. And once you're perceived as a bad manager, that will never change, even if you actually managed to clean up your act and truly change. That Lyon guy... he needs to step back and ask himself "How are my people reacting to the way I say certain things? Might they be mocking me for it?" My guess is HE thinks it's fine, and that HE thinks his people respect him for using trite phrases. That's why he keeps it up. If one of his immediate managers had the courage to pull him aside and transmit him a "read between the lines" message, maybe he'd benefit. Doubt any of his bosses have the guts to do it though. They're probably "too much of a nice guy".