Applied's 401(k) employer match is a scam

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is totally wrong, as can be seen by anyone who looks at their 401k statement and see's what's being contributed, before it was recently increased.

You make $100,000 and contribute 8%, that's $8,000. Applied will [now] contribute 50% of what you contribute, up to 2% of your salary. So they could contribute $4000 (which is 50%), but 2% of your salary is $2000, so that's what they contribute.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In the end, why bother complaining and just invest your money yourself. You'll be happier in the long run and have more control over it. Even if they matched dollar for dollar, their investment choices are for crap.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company match is 1% of your salary. If you make $50,000 per year, the maximum company match is $500 per year.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong. No matter how you want to figure it out its capped at $500.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then why does my 401k statement show employer contributions more than $500? Am I secretly getting more money because I'm one of the chosen ones?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is actually not accurate. The max Applied contributes is 50% of 2% of your compensation. If your annual comp is $50,000 then Applied's contribution is $500. If your comp is $100,000 Applied's match is $1,000. If your is Donohue or Grosshans and your comp is $400,000 Applied's match is $4,000. Getting back to the original point, it's nowhere near a true 50% match, as a rep contributing 8% of his $100,000 comp to the plan only receives a $1,000 match from Applied (12.5% match).

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2x match