AON-Retirees

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Oct 11, 2016 at 5:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Decided to finally sign up today and 5 minutes after signing in the system shut down--YIKES---sure hope this is an anomaly--lord knows we are already getting kicked in the shins with this new system

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More of an omen than an anomaly.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have my meeting scheduled for next Tuesday and will keep you informed.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Had AON meeting yesterday and it took approximately 1 1/2 hours to complete for my wife and I--eventually signed up for MAP program PPO from United Health Care. One of the main problems I see in my area is the lack of choices of providers. I live in the Northeast and there were only 3 providers available for discussion. Also,this is just somewhat of an inauguration period to get the insurer to mail you the final information in 2-4 weeks whence you will then be able to discuss with them automatic payments, deposits etc. Best of luck!!!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks! Nice to see some useful information on Cafepharma!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We had our meeting yesterday and it took approximately two hours. Very pleased with the AON advisor. In our area Humana is the best choice and sign up was completed, very good offering.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What will your monthly premiums look like? Coverage? Out of pocket? What happens to prescription benefits? Thanks for the insight!!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My monthly premium is $47 vs $78 now. Drug benefit as good as Express Scripts. Copays depending upon tier $0 to $30 for very expensive drugs. Physician and hospital offerings same as my current plan. I am very pleased. AON performed.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds great! Hope we get a similar offering in our state. Thanks for the information!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Prescription drug coverage is horrifying. The HRA MERCK benefit is an insult after working there for 30 years it won't much. I entered only 4 Prescription drugs and my out of pocket rocketed to over $7,000. Two of my GENERIC drugs were Tier 4. Oh ..that AON MERCK face to face meeting this past summer was a dog and pony show. Enjoy the HRA account...we'll get SCREWED out of that too! Enjoy the Ride folks it's going to be rough. FYI my AON rep was very nice...she did her job.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

cat

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I found prescription drug coverage lacking as well. The prescription pricing came up high for all the AON plans I reviewed. The $1800 Merck HRA contribution for these AON plans helps with the plan cost, but will cover very little or nothing for the prescription plan for either Advantage or Part D coverage. Also don't expect to pay tier 1 coverage for your Generics. Like the previous comment,. All of my generics fell into tier 3 or 4. Many costly. And if you have to use a Brand name drug, the cost is completely out of pocket. So I don't understand why previous comments were so positive. But. Merck did exactly what other large corporations did
    ...just about five years later....dumped us.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It really speaks to how bad this company and industry are when they cannot or will not provide their own products as part of retiree benefits. Shame on you Merck. And for current employees, this should be a wake-up call.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am completely different from what you are describing. My Merck brand products are zero cost and my generics are tier 1. Humana is the provider

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you on Medicare and what is your coverage for 2017? (my prescription coverage is good in 2016 but will change dramatically in 2017)

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes I am on Medicare and my selected Humana plan is $47 vs $68 that I have until years end. Rx coverage is just fine no big hit at all.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That sounds great! Thanks for the information. What state are you in?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pennsylvania

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now that we are into November , how's it going ?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is