Anyone else ?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Oct 10, 2016 at 9:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

:( Anyone else think once cosentyx launched and entresto launched and you made it through years of "restructuring", many different Rd, ABL's, new geographies that things would sort of calm down? How many times have we heard "we have the right team in place " does not matter what division. Then all of the sudden it's not the right team anymore ... Upper management makes bad uniformed decisions that ultimately come down to more restructuring and new management so as a rep or even an ABL you have to find some way to prove yourself again. Sure reps and ABL's make bad decisions as well as evident of all the lawsuits yet there is constant pressure to perform without anyone taking a step back to look at what's really happening in the markets, ALL markets. The industry has changed yet a company like Novartis is going backwards ?! "Oh we are bending the trend...let's double the sales force" and less then a month later decide its to much to soon? I don't really understand. I see greed and desperation which I sort of understand given Pharma is a business and the goal is to make money . However somewhere along the line novartis has lost touch with what really matters . If you want people to perform give them some stability not constant threats. You have a bunch of miserable people across the company, all divisions ... Numbers are not accurate, threats, lawsuits, BPO investigations, uncertainty that Novartis has created because over the years novartis has been reactive and not proactive. You have hired people in at much higher salaries then your current employees then lean on the tenured people to help train and guide these overpaid reps . In one division you fix the pay discrepancy and acknowledge it yet other divisions you don't and then you wonder why people are miserable ... The list goes on ... If you want to make everyone consultants or customer service reps just do it. Those who are ok with restructure if bonus plans and a much smaller bonus will stick around . Those who want the sales won't . This isn't a sales job anymore. It's no ones fault it's the industry . Again the list goes on ... Respect your people that's where it starts . You want people to do the best they can ... Respect them.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right on. It's not just pay making people miserable . Somethings have not changed eventhough the industry has.
    1. Programs...we are currently under investigation for this and you keep pushing for more "compliant" programs. In an ideal world it's possible but what novartis fails to see is its AGAINST some groups corporate policies to interact with industry in anyway !
    2. Image ... With all the lawsuits, Mds being subpoenaed, making jokes of ourselves bc we stalk our md's Bc we have metrics to meet and many other things no wonder physicians don't want anything to do with us or any other pharma company.
    3. There is no respect. Every market is different. How about trusting your employees that they are doing everything they can to move business. Give ABL's some authority to assess instead of looking at what shows up on paper as a number or metric !
    4. ABL's manage like its 10 years ago. We don't need them along with us it only makes access worse . What's worse if when they don't have solutions or suggestions for the challenges in the territory. Isn't that their job ? To guide and suggest not evaluate what's on a piece of paper.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One word ... GOALS ! Fair and attainable but challenging not unrealistic . How is it that someone who is #1 has the same goal who is in the bottom 1/4 ? Maybe the % growth should be the same but when paid on RX that number should be very different

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In CV ... Upper management strangely quiet . No idea if we are still "bending the trend". Positions not being filled tells me there is a lot going on and it is not good . What I don't like is the idea that it will be the reps and the ABLs who pay the price for upper bad decisions . It's over .

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best guess bleeding money, all divisions across the world. Maybe oncology is ok but wait ... They split the company !

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's over novartis gen Meds is inploding I almost think that's what they want ... Sell us al
    Off focus on oncology

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I find myself bothered by when leaders bother to ask for input, it's from the most inexperienced and least tenured people who have no clue what to even give good feedback about.
    I've been here since before the first launch and used to provide insights about all sorts of stuff, now they ask people with less than six months here. And contractors.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree. Keep hoping it will change or be better. Never is. Empty promise after empty promise. Leader change after leader change..and they keep getting worse!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right ?! They are still drinking the kool aid !

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep drinking the kool aid from Phoenix landing fountain....it's the place to be

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was hoping it would calm
    Down too. I've given up. Just riding it out looking for another job but not desparate for one. Most i know are doing the same. Some have not even left their houses ! Definiatly NOT what any of the brands need . Novartis created it I guess. Solutions, suggestions and trust would go a LONG way for motivation but they cannot even do that . Just threaten, micromanage and belittle .

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wasted 7 years of my life in this crap hole and left. I have emails upon emails, documents, recorded calls, teleconferences, etc... that are being wrapped up my my lawyer as we speak as they are prepared to be sent to OIG. I've contacted about 15 people that left and the case is being built. I will burn this place to the ground and stand on the ashes of the Swiss clowns.... Treat your people like crap and they'll have all the desire to throw wood on the fire..... I'm counting on it. The MSBU is done and I'll be on the Cali beach spending my 10%....

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wish I was that organized ! If have a hell
    Of a case as well ! Harassment, compliance violations, retaliation ... I do know you are NOT the only one with all that crap together and doing the same .

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just mix it with some expensive vodka to help it go down. And avoid a bad hangover

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is imploding! Sort of a slow burning fuse until some huge show, I fear

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

glad to hear several organized and many with at least similar stories

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sharp analysis. Novartis doesn't change its ways. This is the same way it has always occurred. Very quite and then boom. Your laid off.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are correct. It isn't a sales job anymore. More of a live commercial. Most dr.s don't have the time ... Much less the need for it anymore. They can get a whole lot more information in an unbiased form from the Internet... When they want to and how they want to. If you say that access is a problem... It is because you bring no value to the customer. Simple as that. I am sure when the dr.s financial advisor shows up, the dr has pllenty of time to meet with them even to the point to delay patients schedules.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any time the leaders go silent for any period of time, the field pays a price