Anyone else feel like they have been victimized

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Dec 30, 2010 at 1:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

by everything that is going on? Centriad? layoffs?...having to worry all through the Christmas holidays about our jobs?

when my son opened his gifts Christmas morning and shouted with excitement, my thoughts were will I have a job next week.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is exactly how I feel.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would you have preferred to be laid off just before Christmas? Would that have made you feel better? I know many pharma reps that had that happen to them with other companies and it sucks WAY worse than getting the boot in January.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Victimized isn't the right word. More like disrespected. I don't expect to be told inside facts like death of certriad, but it's ridiculous that I know my job is in jeopardy and it isn't addressed. At this point we should have been told that there will be a layoff and the criteria for deciding who stays and who goes is as such...I have given several years of service to Abbott, given up many Sundays with my family to get on a plane to go to a pointless sales meeting. The least they could do is inform me (officially) that I may be out of a job on such and such a date.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. Abbott is cut throat.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here,

victiimized isn't the right word I agree, but it is the unknowing of job security that is the worse part. I have kids; I work hard. I feel like my life is being thrown around who has no clue as to what he/she is doing.

It's not the time of the year that is the problem, it's the rumors, Centriad, etc. and the uncertainty.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry Pojo,
    You should have seen the writing on the wall 3 years ago like myself and many others did. You drank the kool aid and look what you have to show it . Nothing Nada Zilch. You are going to be entering the job search at a horrible time in our nation's future. Good Luck.
    I look at this board to validate the decision I made to leave many years ago. I knew that
    the arguments for fibrate therapy as espoused by Dayspring and his posse were BS and the rejection of Certriad are proof to that effect.
    Any way I hope the mid and upper management suffer and wind up bankrupt. The one's I came into contact with were 24kt douchebags.

Happy New Year Abots

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to say it but you all are stating the obvious. This co. and this industry are nothing more then focused on gouging the patient. The rep is their way of doing this by providing a mouthpiece to the docs. We are constantly used by the co. to twist facts, back slap etc, all in the pursuit of increasing product sales.
    There is no room for self respect or pride in this constant endeavour. We have to bring worthless patent extending drugs to market so that ptcs are denied the lower price benefits of generics. We are expected to ass kiss the docs and whatever else it takes to continue this screwing of people who could benefit from lower copays or cash outlays.
    You complain now that these companies, in turn, treat their whore salesforce with a lack of respect and consideration?
    Did you really think you were helping save patient lives? Its all about greed.
    Don't expect to be treated respectfully when you willingly sign up for this bullshit.
    How's that respect you get from the majority of docs and, worst of all, medical staff?
    Everyone knows all too well what purpose serve and value we add.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No kool aid here, as I said before i don't expect anything from Abbott. Anyone working for Abbott or any other pharma company for that matter knows there is no future here. I didnt expect a career when I accepted this job. But the rumors have been flying, upper management shifted and it would be right to notify us so we can brace for impact. No one is working now and they won't until the cut is made and they are still getting a paycheck. In the mean time all worth while reps are detail only while they interview.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

more crybabies take your medicine-lazy reps -cover your faces with spearmint

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like someone has sand in their vagina. Daddy never told you don't let people take advantage of you?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OUCH!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

watch ur potty mouth -low rent gelwack

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since when does the word vagina qualify as potty mouth? I could see if they used a less scientific word.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here we go again, another person claiming to be victimized. That's what's wrong with the world today, everyone says they are a victim. Stand up, be responsible and move on. Jeez!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK guys, the time for self pity is over. The New Year is upon us and it's time to pick up the pieces and go on with our lives. Yeah, the economy sucks, and the pharma industry is in the doldrums, but we're (at least for now) still making good money and not killing ourselves to earn it. At this moment in time, a lot of our countrymen (and women) are facing death and/or dismemberment in Iraq and Afghanistan, and they get paid squat for putting thier lives on the line every day. In an amazing display of selflessness, they risk everything so we can go about our business without disruption.

I'm not patting myself on the back, either. I'm as guilty as everybody else when it comes to bitching about my job. I've kept my mouth shut when I should have spoken up, I've passed on opportunities because I was too lazy to take advantage of them, and I've let the general feeling of gloom and anger get me down. Yet, in spite of all my self-centered worry, the Sun still rises every morning and sets every night.

I can't snap my fingers and make everything better, but I CAN better myself in 2011. I can polish up the resume and start networking/job searching/exploring new career paths. I can choose to ignore all the BS that comes down from AP and concentrate on helping my customers in whatever way I can. For a lot of them, it's not much, but I can at least try. Life's too short to be miserable, and I'm tired of being miserable. If the job ends today, there's always tomorrow. And as Scarlett O'hara says at the end of "Gone with the Wind", "Tomorrow will be another day!"

Happy New Year, and best wishes for everyone in 2011!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good post. Keep it all in perspective...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares ?

who is the hottest Pittsburgh rep?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your post.. I will be taking your direction for the New Year!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

u are a loser-get a life sweet cinabon