Any truth to Zimmer's trabecular implant?

Discussion in 'Zimmer Dental' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2010 at 5:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you have a CT guided solution? Do you have a Digital scan solution? Do you offer in-house CadCam solution? Do you offer lab scanning solutions? Do you offer crown and bridge coping solution? Do you still have a back order situation? Do you, oh, forget it, I think you guys get the point.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe what I just read! I guess that explanation would suffice for 4th grade science class but as an explanation to adults, some of whom are surgeons, shows a total lack of professionalism. The only thing that is has any truth to it is that the TSV is a decent implant, far from the best terrible connection, the dreaded friction fit is a pain to work with. Niznick's Legacy 3 is far superior in all aspects i.e. surgically and prosthetically.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When cement is left sub g ( do you need me to explain that?) after seating it doesnt matter what type of connection you have! Happens all the time. Cant say it doesnt! PI is a major issue and only going to get worse! This implant is not a solution.

I did like your comment " designed to reduce the opportunity of crestal bone loss!" If it is so great there shouldnt be any opportunity should there?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CT Guided: Yes
    Digital Scan Soltion: Yes (zfx)
    Lab Scanning: Yes (zfx)
    Crown & Bridge Coping: Yes (zfx)
    Back Order Issue: Long since over (nice try though)

You are a rookie that has no insight nor any valid information about Zimmer or what it has in the pipeline scheduled to deliver to the Market this year!! Just wait until 4th quarter. Then with all of the above plus TM, you guys will really be stuck riding the short bus (where you belong) still talking about "but Dr. our Implant is cheaper and kinda looks like a TSV". That is all you have and you have none of the above, except the backorder issues.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I laugh everytime some Sybron guy gets on here talking about GN (who's not even with the company) and ID implants like its some break through in implant design. It's a clone - why do you think he (GN) called it the Legacy dipshit? Go the the website and pick a company (which are actually list at the top of the page) and guess what.......he's copied it with a few small changes calling that inovation. LOL The only difference between ID and others clones is the others know what they are. ID even copied Clearchoice for goodness sake. Next I guess we'll be hearing how original this idea was. Yet you morons continue to pop of about how great your company is........idiots. Ive said it before - you are a parts warehouse and nothing more. Hell, Sybron even merged Attachments International into ID for this reason. Aftermarket parts are big business right now. So you ID guys going to tell us that AI is innovative? AI is actually the best thing you have going and you dont know it. You have your place, you just dont know where it is.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The genealogy of Zimmer:

Calcitek to Sulzer to Centerpulse to Zimmer. Zimmer buys Paragon from niznick who originally sold Core-Vent to Dentsply. Niznick buys it back from Dentsply and sell it to Zimmer. So call it what you want, you're selling Niznick's implant....as for trabecular the mouth is a more hostile environment than where a hip is placed. Oops wasn't Zimmer being sued for faulty hip implants or was it that they were not properly cleaned,

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey moron, the family tree goes like this:

Corevent sold to Dentsply (GN's first big score)
    Dentsply back to Paragon (GN's next attempt)
    Paragon merged with Calcitek (GN's 2nd big score with the same company, koudos!)
    Calcitek sold to Sulzer
    Sulzer names changes: Sulzer/Calciteck, Sulzer Medica, Centerpulse
    Sulzer & Centerpulse acquired by Zimmer Orthopeadic in 2003

Hasn't been Niznick's for ages and the TSVT is an enhancement. The New TM Implant is a medical breakthrough that Niznick could never imagine in 1 million years. The TM Implant has been proven in the mouth so I guess that ends your "hostile environment" speech. There has not been a Zimmer Hip lawsuit. There was a law firm that was suggesting that in the NE and they were sued by Zimmer and they quickly stopped talking shit. JNJ Depuy is being sued for Hip problems and they currently have a huge recall going on. Man you just struck out on every count. Do yourself a favor, go buy a gun, quietly load it and just blow your worthless brains out. You would be doing the world a huge favor.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should learn more about your company douche.

Zimmer Hip Recall

In July 2008, a* suspension of Zimmer Durom Cup sales was temporarily issued by the company due to an unusually high incidence of reported hip problems. Plaintiffs filing lawsuits against the Indiana-based orthopedic device maker assert the company should have stopped selling its Durom Cup Implant much earlier, as doctors had known for years that the Zimmer device was susceptible to premature hip failure.* The device manufacturer disagreed and the placed the Durom Cup back on the market within a few months.
    Orthopedist alarmed by Zimmer hip problems
    The temporary Zimmer hip replacement recall was due in large part to the efforts of one influential orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Larry Dorr, who had performed more than 3,500 hip and knee replacements in the past decade, witnessed an unacceptably high failure rate among patients he had fitted with the Zimmer Durom Cup, a device that hit the US market in 2006.
    Many Zimmer hip recipients experienced difficulty walking. Some experienced excruciating pain only weeks after the Zimmer hip device had been implanted. Dorr contacted the device maker, suggesting a Zimmer hip implant recall might be the best course of action for the company and those affected by the faulty device.
    Although many Zimmer hip problems were reported, Zimmer shrugged off Dr. Dorr’s report, rejecting the possibility of a Zimmer hip replacement recall. Luckily for Dr. Dorr’s patients and the approximately 12,500 Zimmer hip recipients in the United States, the surgeon did not give up.
    Zimmer Hip Problems Include:
    Failure of hip implant to bond with bone
    Unexpected movement of joint in hip socket
    Loosening of the hip implant
    Damage to surrounding bone
    Prolonged healing time
    Second surgery to correct faulty hip device
    In early 2008, Dr. Dorr shared his Durom Cup Implant concerns with the world. He wrote a letter to the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), a collection of one thousand of the most influential orthopedic surgeons in the world, publicizing the danger posed by the Zimmer Durom Cup.
    Finally, in July, 2008 the device maker bowed to pressure brought on by Dr. Dorr’s letter, announced that it was suspending sales of the devices in the United States pending further investigation by the company. Zimmer later denied liability and put the product back on the market, thereby exposing the company to the current trend of lawsuits now in courts all over the country.
    The company never issued a formal Zimmer hip implant recall. At this point, it remains to be seen if they ever will.
    Zimmer hip lawsuits filed against manufacturer
    Despite the resolve exhibited by Zimmer to keep the Durom Cup in the U.S. market, patients continue to suffer the same hip problems made public by Dr. Dorr soon after the initial surgery.
    Today, dozens of Zimmer Durom Cup recipients are recovering from painful hip revision surgery that they have undergone since the Zimmer hip replacement. Many patients have filed Zimmer hip lawsuits against the device maker. As of last June, 45 Zimmer hip lawsuits had been filed in US federal courts. Today, that count is significantly greater, and will likely grow even larger over time.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess you were wrong. You are a typical Zimmer tool. Keep drinking Kool-Ade .

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blah blah blah Bliggity blah blah. You ave absolutely 0 way to relate this to Dental. Go fire yourself right now ass bag!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmer recalled hips and knees. I guess you are totally off base. Furthermore, TSVT might be an enhancement but your flagship was developed by GN.

In 2008, Zimmer issued a recall on its Durom Cup Replacement product after thousands of the product had already been used in thousands of patients since its approval in 2006. Physicians began to see a problem in their patients when some started complaining about continuous pain after the normal healing timeframe. A number of these patients were forced to have revision surgeries to repair the problem. A few months after the recall, Zimmer’s Durom Cup Replacement was back on the market. However, this time they posted additional product training on their website for physicians. Zimmer claimed that this new training would teach surgeons on how to use their product properly which would cut down on problems. Zimmer admits that it did a poor job at training doctors on using its product when it was first released. Zimmer’s shareholders were also unhappy with the fact that the company took a long time to even notify its stakeholders of the current issues with the Durom Cup product. The company’s shareholders filed a class action lawsuit in response to Zimmer’s way of handling the situation.
    In June of 2008, Zimmer issued another recall, however this time the recall was on its NEXGEN Complete Knee Solution MIS Total Knee Procedure Tibial Broach Impactor. The Tibial Broach Impactor is an instrument used during knee surgery. The firm issued the recall due to findings that the instrument could potentially break during surgery and could leave fragments of metal in the patient’s knee.
    Another recall was issued in 2008 for another Zimmer surgical instrument: the Zimmer NEXGEN Complete Knee Solution articular surface insertion instrument. This instrument is used during knee arthroplasty surgeries. This instrument was recalled due to the fact that it could fracture during surgery.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All Ortho, no Dental relationship. You are just grasping for oxygen right now. Go back to Century Village and get your refill.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely no relationship to Dental. Worst post ever. You are grasping for oxygen so go get your tank refill at Century Village and just hang yourself.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the poster was proving to the Zimmer douche that there were recalls for Zimmer orthopedics and impending lawsuits. Now as for dental there was a recall for Puros or did you forget that or were you not selling implants when that transpired. I don't understand how that occurred because Zimmer reps said the Puros was being processed at Tutogen in Germany. That was a LIE!!! The only way that you seem to get across is by being derogatory which just goes to show how eneducated and crude you are. You are as noting as a slut on her period.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh, no you are wrong. Most technologies related to implant surfaces are a result of orthopedic product development that has been filtered down to the dental implant market.

Since Zimmer is one of the top leaders in the ortho field, you betcha that the new trabecular metal (based off of Next Gen technology) is a result of your research. Hate to point to the Pink Elephant in the room, but you have not had a good track record. There are speakers on the ortho side who have fought against this new technology and were removed by Zimmer from their speaking roster. Dept of Justice knows all about it, and a google search will reveal it.

But say it does work, here's the thing, I came from a surgical account the other day and we talked about your new implant. His position is, 3i and straumman can be uncovered within 7 to 9 weeks. If it's pushed up another week, no big deal. In the summer time, all he's doing are wisdom removal. Come school vacations, he's doing wisdoms. So say he places Trabecular implant in October, he's not uncovering that thing until early/mid December, so what's the point? Also, he gets a good ASP on the premium implants with excellent results, that $500 makes no sense to him. In addition, he purchased an iTero to scan 3i and straumman. So Zimmer misses out on his practice.

By the way, there are many practices that follow the same scheduling motto. Also, another point. Patients who can barely afford dental implants have the implants placed, but wait out till they can afford the restoration.

All these factors, although not scientifically relevant in breaking down the possible effects of bacteria infiltrating your porous surface, work totally against you.

Doctors are looking for Stage 1 primary stability type implants they can temporize safely or use multiple units on a cross arch "teeth that day" solution. Non of which you have.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try by the 3i rep to latch on to Straumann's superior healing times and technologies, but I can understand why you'd want to do that. SLActive is the surface leader at 3-4 weeks and has been for 6 years. 3i has no approved healing time. Large amount of investigation on SLActive as market leader and it is not in dispute at all by the surgical community. SLA is 6 weeks and has been for 15 years. Again, no dispute. Success is never in question, just price, which Straumann has been able to defend because they do it with real results and proof. Nobody cares what Zimmer does because they have no innovation in dental implants and never have. That's the bottom line. When these TM implants (with their faulty design) are breaking upon insertion (they are) that's when the tiny amount of users jump off the boat and never trust Zimmer again because they've never earned the distinction of innovating well. Stick to selling in the 2nd tier of price with your Niznick HA spray-they're a dime a dozen, and it's an alright alternative for the level you're at. Your reps and product aren't good enough to compete at premium. The TM gimmick will be over soon and Zimmer Dental can return to what they do best-sell Niznick's stuff cheap to older dentists that do 1 implant at a time.

Zimmer has never improved upon anything in implants, just "Niznicked" the space up to the tune of 5th best market share. Not bad, but that's where they belong. At least 3i has better solutions all around (excluding regenerative, maybe).

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are as boring as a slut on her period.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmer doesn't make Puros you nitwit. That was an RTI packaging issue and had nothing to do with Zimmer. Zimmer just had to deal with the customers.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong at that time Tutogen and RTI were 2 separate entities. Zimmer was being supplied solely by Tutogen when the recall occurred. I was at Zimmer when this occurred.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love the new TM Implant. It is really helping me treat a whole new wave of would be lost patients due to the time-to-complete the case factor. Awesome.