Any layoffs before end of the year of 2015?

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by anonymous, Aug 24, 2015 at 2:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I keep hearing rumors but from reps with other companies saying that DSI will have an unexpected layoff before the end of the year. Can anyone justify this?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Justify it? Hmmm, let me see........your multi-billion dollar backbone of your company, Benicar, is going generic in a few weeks. You have tried and failed multiple times to find anything remotely close to plugging the hole that Benicar will leave. Your reps are some of the least intelligent I have come across in the field. The can regurgitate corporate lingo swell, but disease state knowledge is simply non-existent.

......need more?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Makes sense. Reps from other companies would know best. Duh.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

UMM "unexpected" lay offs is a term not to be associated with DSI who is carrying all last in class meds that don't sell. Plus when 30% of their revenue is about to go Bye Bye when the Benicar franchise goes off patent real quick. This company is a ticking time bomb and take a look around, anyone worth a shit is running as quickly as they can. You will start noticing that the reps getting promoted are the worst in the nation, because those are the only types that are sticking around. All of the talent has vanished and have joined Amgen, Novo, Allergan, AZ, Zoll, Boston Scientific, and more. The cupboard is pretty bare at DSI both on the product end of things and the reps with talent end. People starting leaving about a year ago once the writing was on the wall that no new products were coming into the pipeline and Benicar was going off patent without anything to fill the gap. If these idiots don't expect to be laid off by October then they must be living a rock or have their head jammed up their ass.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok well I am not unintelligent - been doing this a while so don't put us all in one basket - if laying off why hire 4 new people in past few weeks? Benicsr not off patent until end of 2016... Duh

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

April 2016 patent expires DUH. HA! yep you belong there. thanks for proving my point you're the perfect fit!!!! And check the history of the hire now/layoff later trends buddy. You haven't seen nothing yet with Benicar going away. You might want to learn to use google to research how unemployment works LOL!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the Dow keeps dropping like it did today and the uncertainty with the Asian Markets continue. Layoffs will start in early October. This company cannot afford to lose anymore market cap.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Few weeks...13 months (Oct 2016) same thing apparently.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know. Good question.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well if 4 new hires hit in a couple weeks nationwide with about 80-100 openings at DSI I wouldn't be hanging my hat on no lay offs. Seems like a couple desperate people needed a quick fix job if you ask me.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So they are all entry level pharma - my territory didn't need a 3rd rep but just got one