Anaheim trauma asr opening

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by anonymous, Nov 2, 2015 at 12:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why is this position still open? Give me a run down of the territory. Also when we say 24/7 on call, does that mean 2am OR stuff? Thx

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will be worked like you've never worked before. Youre on call every weekend and the job will show no mercy to your personal time. Its not so much the long hours that beat you down, it's the unpredictability of when you're done for the day. You could be crusing home from the hospital and then get a call and boom;turn around cause an ex fix just came into the ER. Its a good start in device long term, because recruiters will want you for other opportunities after a year or so. However, understand that the commitment is no joke.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right I get that. But what exactly does "on call" mean? Does this mean my phone will go off at 2am and I'll need to get up and hit the OR? Thx

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't even apply. You don't get it and will not meet requirements. Others applying do not care what they work and want a phone on their hip 24/7. They are hungry and show it. If you took the Gallup they would have spit you out.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's the base pay and commission range? Thanks

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't I mention "unpredictability." There hasn't been an hour of the morning that I haven't been in an OR. Yes, you can get a call at 2 AM. Open fractures happen.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thx

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the problem with this industry. You clowns have made it so you all think the doctor NEEDS you.the majority of the surgeons at Level 1 and high volume Level 2's don't need you. The retarded shit for brains tech/nurse/SPD monkey are the ones that need you because after doing the same shit for the past x number of years, they have never taken any interest in Ortho trauma because your dumb asses are there 24/7 (literally) to fix what they broke. Just remember to wipe the dr's jizz off your mouth after the case is over so you don't get funny looks on your way out the front door. And when you go home and tell your gf or wife how much of a stud you think you are because you helped a dr "save the day" on a MVA poly-trauma, don't forget to tell her you merely stood in the back behind everything while acting like a director in a movie with your laser pointer while the real heroes saved that patients life.....

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen I agree with what your saying..Im a junior rep and I have to show up to keep my job/drive business. Its all about paying respects and hustling. The other reps are doing the same thing. I don't tell anyone im some kindve hero. Im a professional implant caterer.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen I agree with what youre saying..Im a junior rep and I have to show up to keep my job/drive business. Its all about paying respects and hustling. The other reps are doing the same thing. I don't tell anyone im some kindve hero. Im a professional implant caterer.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's ok. That idiot thinks we want to be there... If the hospital didn't call us we would not show up. It's the ones who have been rejected that come across like that.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You nailed it. The whole operation there is a complete joke. Stories make it far.... Stryker refuses to clean it up, even after hearing what they say.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How does a trauma asr compare to that of the navigation asr? Are they both on call 24/7 365 or is that just trauma? thx

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How does the trauma asr lifestyle compare to that of the nav asr? Both on call 24/7 365? Or is that just trauma?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very different. NAV ASR schedule will be more set in stone vs. trauma asr. Trauma asr's are in cases later (often 8,9,10pm).

A trauma asr has an unpredictable schedule. Upside is a trauma asr can (should) learn alot more about ortho imo. Its more of a clinically driven role. If you become a nav rep. the role is more "sales" driven. If you are a b2b guy/gal the nav rep life is more aligned with what you are accustomed. Finally, earning potential as a promoted trauma rep in a decent territory should be more lucrative. At that point however your qol and schedule are mich worse.

The question is do you eventually want to be in a more clincial setting day to day, or more of a pound pavement sales role? Additionally, the Stryker MAKO platform may cannabalize some of your prospects/customers due to inherent similarities.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Outstanding answer- thanks.