An Open Letter to Dr. Jim

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Former KCI Employee, Jul 10, 2010 at 8:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was at a meeting at a hotel in San Antone and they had a prayer meeting prior to the regular meeting!I knew it this company wasn't for me!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with "open letter", I often wonder if Dr. Jim has any clue what has happened to the KCI we all had such pride to work for. I have been with KCI 20+ years and love the products and my customers. Unfortunately, working for KCI is almost unbearable.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

then quit bitch

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please explain what "F*CH yourself" means and how you do it. And how that makes a person gay if they are totally alone during this act. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay. I am guessing by your limited vocabulary and idiotic responses that you must be one of this company's delivery boys

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"An open letter to Dr. Jim" was the original poster. Very confused posters to follow, as Dr. Jim certainly didn't build a company that was built on all this enternal anger. In fact the body of business today was built on the values that the previous management constructed. That made KCI the customer's choice, we'll see what the future holds as pharma becomes the style. Pharma was kicked to the curb in many markets for their business practices ... good luck.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was one of the lucky ones and left KCI. I recently met with the Chief Medical Officer of a large health system in TN. ( I am not in medical device, but remain connected to healthcare) As we were discussing our respective backgrounds, KCI came up. His demeanor immediately changed and the venom that pored out was striking. For those of you that don't think that KCI's policies and procedures haven't produced anger, you are wrong. Not only was he angry he couldn't wait to show me that this system was moving away from KCI as fast as he can conduct trials for other NPWT. He was an early adopter of VAC and felt KCI let him down over and over again. All of this anger was directed at corporate not the local teams he worked with and depended on. He understood the changes in KCI brought down by CB and her team. He has met more than once with upper management to cover these issues. The system I was engaged with has more than $5 bil per year in revenue. The statement was made that KCI is a "small portion of our vendor patch, but they eat up so much of our potential profit." KCI has been identified as a company that causes losses. They will do anything they can to move away from vendors that are profit drains.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently got the same venomess attack re: KCI. Again - not the local teams but the Corporation as a whole. After doing a little probing I found that his issues were with KCI acting like a business - just like they were. We have made some mistakes - for sure, but not warranting these type of reactions.
    As we move more & more away from a clinical presence however, I think our days will be numbered as far as access in these accounts. Too bad - that really was our biggest advantage from a customer & vendor perspective.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the market today you must bring added value! Nationwide pharma lacked added value and therefore view as added cost. Right or wrong that is the case. KCI has left little regard for the field representative that brings that value ... much like pharma did. The KCI staff today lacks a market acumen and maturity at times. KCI must see this adjustment as benefit to the bottom line. Any time an organization fails to understand the customer's needs, doors open.

KCI dominated our metro area for years and did so because of their business practices. Void those, a perfect storm.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? You seriously need to do some research on the medical device industry. Out of all the other companies in my territory (santyl, appligraft, etc...) NOT ONE OF THEM WORKS WITH A NURSE! THEY DO JUST FINE! Do you know why? Doctors hate nurses. They just want to be taken out to dinner and talk basketball. I don't want you to lose your job, but seriously, open your eyes.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Previous poster, what was your reply to?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to your mother's fould smelling anus

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Surprised by the cerebral response .... not really. For that matter you might even be a regional manager or a vice president in this company. Let that thimble size brain rest tonight in the interest of relative feedback in the future. Good luck .... you'll need it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why the heck do you think Denny worked here? For charity? He was in it for the MONEY, like any good business person.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuck You

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two more let go today...and they were on target for the year.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Region? Part of the country?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya' know, does it really matter where they are from? You are getting rid of some really good sales reps. They have incredible knowledge of the products and systems. KCI is a system that is sometimes very hard to navigate. And most of all, relationships! Nobody from HR seems to be raising their hand and questioning this. There a bunch of pussies who don't give a crap about anything except happy hour, or some cute new RVP. Yes ladies, we do hear you talk. I cant wait to get "wacked". A year or so of unemployment. I can handle that. Ta.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And as the national trend continues to forbid sales reps from entering any facilities, with or without appointments, exactly what will we need AE's for. Clinicians are not often seen as sales reps per say, but we all "know" who is doing the heavy lifting for this company. It's always been that way, the clinical reps have the relationships, the respect and are not percieved as having an ulterior motive. KCI knows it, your DM's know it and I presume some of the RVP's. Check the preferred qualifications AE vs TAM. To the TAMS, it is time to shine girls and boys! Lets start documentating and taking credit for what we do, starting now. CONTRACTS? Just what is national contracts up to these days, shouldnt THEY be taking care of that stuff ? Business reviews ? Aren't those being produced quarterly for the top 1000 accts automatically ? Think of it this way, if you could walk into some patients room and have him convinced that he needed you to stick a thermometer or an enema in his behind in 30 seconds, WE CAN SELL ANYTHING, BETTER THAN ANYBODY !!!! How does the acronym CAE sound KCI ??? CLINICAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (all bases covered)

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nurses are useless whores

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you joking? Do you know how other medical device companies work? They don't hire nurses on such a large scale. The reason? Nurses are AWFUL at building relationships with doctors! Once a nurse, always a nurse; always a feeling inferiority towards a doc.

Want proof that we are becoming more like other medical device sales company; our "nurses" are now "field COPA's." have fun!