Amgen sales field support worst in industry

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, May 19, 2016 at 8:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen's support of the field is the worst I have experienced in my career. Coming here with CV, I can't believe the "Screw you and deal with it" answer to everything (sales credit, doctors in the wrong geography, goals the same for everyone). Keep your mouth shut to Thousand Oaks though or you will pay the price. My question is why is it like this?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey, we work in the home office. You are only field based personnel.
    So fuck off!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well, I guess we got our answer, worst in industry

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree! It was a mistake to come. But who would of thought that prior. It was supposed to be amazing.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the data& Javelin has always been a problem ur right they don't care what they put us and our families through

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could not agree more

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It really is that bad here. I am ready to move on, just need to time it correctly for my family.

Good luck to you all.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is BY FAR the worst company I've worked for in this industry. It's not even close!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember that when they reorged, they cut these departments head counts internally and added reps (CV). This is not a surprise to the insiders. Thank hooperman and his cronies

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because Amgen is the quintessential Too Big To Fail organization. It makes money in spite of terrible leadership and a toxic culture. No one in TO will ever say a contrarian word for fear of repercussions. You want to stay in your job let alone move up you better get in line, hence why so little gets done. People in TO are concerned about jockeying for the next position and not doing the actual job they are tasked to do. Look good matters far more than doing well.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They have three people to support all of CV & Genmed. Cut them a break.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No bc your lack of knowledge and effort puts my job at risk

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunate bc they hired so many of us at once. We all came here to work 4 a great company & yes it is so bad here we can't even do our jobs

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this is Amen who would have thought?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread is spot on.
    Likewise, I regret coming over to Amgen. The get to "create the environment" is bs. The environment is a dictatorship. Get the #s NOW or you're gone.
    Despite the f-ups with javelin, reporting, formulary coverage - Medicare, etc.
    Quality selling while understanding our customers & working WITH them, on THEIR timeline doesn't matter at all.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right on!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I also came to CV 1 1/2 years ago and have never been so disappointed One lie after another from Mgt. Now they want us to complete the CIA "Do the right thing". Give me a break. I had great respect for Amgen until I came to work with them.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are no leaders here

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread is so funny! People are warned about Amgen and they still join the company. Then you get people whining about it.

It is not for the average sales rep. They will keep this pressure on until you leave. Yes, Javelin sucks so they will change it with a new group in sales op. Yes, sales credit are not accurate but they will never admit it. Yes, OCT screwed up on strategy so they will work to correct it. The only group they apply the no excuse attitude is the sales team. Get it done or get out! So many reps are taking the get out approach.

TO staff stay in their position for about 18 months and get promotion after promotion. There is no expertise in any level of staffing because of this exact culture. Projects are done for promotion reason and not to help the field. I can name many roll outs that has come and gone.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As long as a VP or SVP likes you, you can fail and fail miserably then blame everyone else. THIS IS THE AMGEN WAY!