Amgen Hostile Environment?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Been RIF'ed, Jul 26, 2016 at 3:02 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen's CafePharma is full of anger, resentment, and fear... much worse than it has ever been and I have been here over 12 years.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is a new department at Amgen developing where they are hiring only psychologists so they can deal with all the mentally abused employees. first good decision Amgen has made in years.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a sales site so that's why there are sales responses. I am convinced a few ex Amgen people post the majority of negative comments.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most from OBU leadership horrible

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good try Hooper, keep telling urself that. Have you checked retention rates lately?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true leader

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hardly believe 20,000 "views" would come a "few" . We have a big problem with morale and retention

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

negative posts in the past were rare and it seems like everyone has something to say now. What is the main issue in each department? What is going well? What has changed?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is a high level of frustration and political issues in research

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, the headquarters are a world class place to work if you are smart, hard-working, even-tempered, patient and play well with others. You need big 5 experience to move beyond Manager w/out an MBA, and you need an MBA to move beyond Sr Manager. Most people never want to leave once they are in. It's a highly supportive environment with decent hours and great support for parents, lots of groups to join and company events.

Educated and successful people don't talk like this. It sounds like a Trump rally on here, not representative of the campus culture at all. I am sorry I pulled this up in a google search for something, so immature and unhelpful to everyone.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, the headquarters are a world class place to work if you are smart, hard-working, even-tempered, patient and play well with others. You need big 5 experience to move beyond Manager w/out an MBA, and you need an MBA to move beyond Sr Manager. Most people never want to leave once they are in. It's a highly supportive environment with decent hours and great support for parents, lots of groups to join and company events.

Educated and successful people don't talk like this. It sounds like a Trump rally on here, not representative of the campus culture at all. I am sorry I pulled this up in a google search for something, so immature and unhelpful to everyone.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be from HR. You need to spread these lies so that you have less work because of all the people quitting and looking for new work.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this common across all the regions/territories and products right now at Amgen or is this particular to isolated teams/treament areas? I get that most comments come from disgruntled people who may just be outliers, but I have heard the metrics were tough to meet recently.

And do you get the feeling this is common at all the biopharma companies now (i.e. what I am familiar with elsewhere) or do you think sales morale is worse at Amgen in particular?

(I just applied to a position there.)

Thanks!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obviously, another attempt by one of our fearless leaders to "level the playing" field and say it is not "that bad" Check the thousands of other of comments on this site and you will see that this is yet another Amgen Thousand Oaks leader who "thinks" they are doing a great job. This "leader" has blinders on and is PART of creating the culture that let's a cafepharma website be the ONLY outlet people feel SAFE to share their opinion. The people at Amgen are some of the industry's brightest and best and yet they have SUCCUMBED to this website for its support. It is the reality here and if you keep your blinders one you will only ADD to the problem instead of HELPING. If scrolled back a couple years ago, this website for Amgen was literally dead. This company was never perfect, but pretty darn good. The numbers don't lie. There is a big problem here that no one seems to want to admit, especially our leadership.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clearly this is another one of our leaders with blinders.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Educated and successful people don't talk like this unless they literally have no other safe way to be heard

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is not the company it used to be. If you know anyone that works here I would call them. Most would say look our culture is not a place where you thrive. It is hard to find a colleague to talk to anymore that is not checked out mentally. As you can see, our leadership does not want to hear it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

are the metrics just too unachievable? or is it unclear marketing plans / goals that is the main problem?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for your opinion of one, Thousand Oaks leader. Amgen's best and bright have succumbed to this site out of pure frustration and fear. Lean in.