Amgen email format

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Jun 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know the email format at Amgen? Is it first.last at Amgen.com

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a friend who works for Amgen as a sales rep and hers is first initial last name @amgen.com. I assume its the same for everyone. jdoe@amgen.com. Hope it helps

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

didnt work for me.... :(

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't bother sending the thank you email. Their minds are made up already. Their bringing in their own people!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you should have asked for it!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I asked them both for their cards and they told me that they are not handing out their cards.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's because they don't want to hear from you again. Interviews are a formality at Amgen. It's not what you know but who you know. That's how I got in and once I was in, anyone hired in my department after that knew someone. We still went through the interview process to satisfy our "due diligence". It's all a crock.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately there's no way to be certain. Mine was first initial last name@amgen.com but I have seen first name.last name@, last name first initial@, first initial maiden name@ (??!!) and others. If the person has a common name or the same name as someone else at Amgen, it may even have a dept. # as an identifier. It could be confusing even for those of us who worked there. I was always getting the emails of another Amgen worker with a similar name to mine.

I'm from the school of sending thank you notes too, but since they are doing so much hiring and seeing so many candidates, I don't think that the lack of one will hurt your chances. If they aren't even handing out cards, they can't really expect you to send a thank you anyway. Likely they don't want to be swamped by candidates' emails and phone calls for updates.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was my impression. I asked them both for cards and they said that they are not really giving out cards. I do not think that not sending a thank you on e-mail will help or hurt the chances.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I asked at the exit for contact information, email addresses, I was told due to the volume of candidates, they are not accepting thank you emails.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct. They were refusing to give out their cards. However, I believe the format might be first initial.last name@amgen. I wrote a handwritten note to each District Manager before I left and the staff at the registration desk promised to to deliver them. It was their idea. Made me late for the airport but at least it got done.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The managers did not give me a card but told me their emails.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some managers have their minds made up but most are very open and were actually told to keep an open mind and be willing to move their bar up in this process. I haven't seen any manager have more than one or two candidates from a former life. Yes, 50 minutes is a very short period of time to get to know each other and yes, it's a gut feeling for the most part, but you have two managers who come together and make a decision knowing that there's a lot at stake for this launch. Hopefully, the best people make up the team. In some situations, you may have 3 phenomenal candidates for the same position and one average candidate for another. The DM's can't control this. Also, many people from within another business unit have posted for bone health so you may get a "dear John" letter despite a perfect resume because a position was taken by someone already with Amgen. No process is perfect and some great people will be disappointed, but it's not always a reflection on you or a reflection on the manager - just a way the cookie crumbled.

Good luck to everyone who posted.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its first name last initial ie johnD@amgen.com

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no set format as it depends if there are people with multiple names...names are also cut off if they are too long (like mine). I would call the main number and leave a voice mail thank you. It is more personal anyway. Amgen people get hundreds of emails a day. Good luck!