Ameritox

Discussion in 'Ameritox' started by Anonymous, Mar 21, 2007 at 9:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Believe me I know I have someone wondering who I am. But listen all I can say that a company who is not willing to treat their employees right and hire within the company. I really don't blame it if anyone decides to quit at this point.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What E? who the hell is that? I don't know who that is but it sure is not me...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about the labs competing with Ameritox? Who are they and how are they and their sales forces doing?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually have the same questions you have. I have had phone interviews for a position with Ameritox and spoke with the recruiter today about baking out of the process and then I read the reviews posted on here and came across your concerns, which sparked my interest in knowing too. Have you had any responses to your questions or gotten any answers? Did you take the position? Is what people are saying on here true?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ameritox is known to turn and burn reps. produce or your gone. lots of problems right now.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is about managing growth. We have soo much growth that it gets hard to manage and maintain accounts at time. I've seen an over 300% increase in samples volume in my territory in the last six months alone. Unfortunately, the goals are going up at 350% increase. I am just keeping my head down and continuing to push hard. It is called work for a reason, but we can all make it happen with a little dedication and hard work. Not to be political, but just like Obama says, "Yes we can!!!"

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard if reimbursement amounts from payers are dropping? I've heard some rumors and I'm wondering if these companies are even going to be here in 12 months.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To be brutally honest, Ameritox is sham of a company. They use fear of the DEA to get providers to start monitoring their patients more. The only trouble with that is there is only 1500 DEA agents’ world wide. Meaning that the likely hood of the DEA investigating a clinic is extremely rare considering what their job entails. Providers should fear the medical board more so than the DEA. However if a provider is monitoring their patients either with any lab they are basically safe guarded. The lab results that Ameritox providers DO NOT hold up in a court of law and if they do show me a case where they have been applied. Bottom line the company had an idea to corner a market with an algorithm that doesn’t mean crap considering it only takes into account Age, Height, Weight, Prescription, and Dosage. Simple science tells us there is more to the way a med is processed than that.

As for the company itself it treats it employees horribly, by communicating only by email with one word answers, isn’t organized, and can’t figure out which end is up. Managers are clueless individuals whom have no business managing personnel especially in multiple states. Everyone is so worried about making themselves look good rather than hitting their number that nothing gets accomplished effectively; except for the way they change people’s roles routinely, cut territories, or fire people. F.O.R. are talking poorly about their SSR and visa versa. Managers are talking poorly about their personnel and airing laundry that shouldn’t be released outside of management. It’s a joke. If you can make it with the company a year, do so and get out.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

could not agree more
    \

10. I have a FTF interview with these guys on Monday. The recruiter
    is promising a $75 base (which seems high) and a $900 car allowence.

Job sounds interesting but this board rips it apart. Anyone who has been through the proces or is currently a rep / manager please respond and let us know what is really going on with the company.

When a person makes a career decision, it is a decision that affects their family as well. I can not afford a mistake at this point!

Thanks,
    Rob

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I currently work for Ameritox, so I have 2+ years of experience under my belt. Like any growing company they are having growing pains and have their "issues" but Ameritox is trying very hard do the right thing by their employees and the clinics and Dr.'s they test for. Ameritox's pay is more than fair if you do your job you will be successful. What company can anyone name that doesn't have it's "issues" but with the exception of one or two employees they are a great company to work for. Good luck to any of you that have left and continue to slander Ameritox's name, just remember.... things do have a way of coming back to bite you in the butt.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rob - If you are looking for a rational response and accurate info regarding this company you have come to the wrong place. As you may notice from any Cafe Pharma board, they basically consist of disgruntled former employees bashing their old company.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Above is true re: base and car. Health INsurance sucks and will cost you over $740 per month if you have a family. Goals are ridiculous! They grow about 50% per quarter.

Much better than pharma!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless you are planning a short term move don't do it. This is not a company to work for long term. The organizational communication is does not exist and the organizational culture is on a downhill slide.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't put any weight in anything I read here. I have never worked for this company but have 3 good friends that do. they are pleased and are making $$.
    I agree with whoever responded to Rob - this site is full of malcontents that probably spent more time complaining than selling and that's why they're gone now - leaving them so much time to spend time bashing people here.

16. Rob .

Rob . Guest

Can anyone verify this? Is the insurance actually $700 per month?? Also, what is the average quota per rep?

Thanks again,

Rob

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rob,

To answer your question, yes the base can be 72-75 for sales reps and 40-45 for Field Ops + 900 for car allowance. The goals are very difficult to hit but can pay well once you hit the top tier which will take you 9 months. You start off on the bottom of the pyramid and work your way up in commission through tenure. You will have two goals to hit: Percent to Goal and Same Store Sales. Percent to goal is picked pretty randomly once the new quarter starts. I have seen peoples goals jump any where from 20% to 60% per quarter. Meaning that if you had a goal of 3000 samples in Q2 your new goal would be any where from 3600 to 4800 next quarter broken up by months. Same Store sales is really confusing but it basically is your goal of growing the business by 5% every month for those accounts that have been on board for 90+ days. Now do the math, that is a 60% increase every year which makes it very difficult to hit because clinics only have so many patients to monitor.

In regards to you insurance I personally have neve used it but have heard horror stories.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who gets on here to vent their issues with Ameritox and A-tox MGMT, is completely worthless. You all just can't cut it in medical sales. Guess what, if you can't hit your numbers, your out, there is a long line of people waiting to get into the industry. Regardless of who you had as a manager, “micro-manager,” blah blah...YOU ARE PISSED BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HIT YOUR QUOTA & GOT FIRED, THAT IS SALES.

I was a rep with Ameritox and was exposed to great management and pathetic sales people. It's a great company as long as you can get the job done, find me a company that keeps non-performing sales people, you won't.

There is usually a common reason sales people quit their jobs, managers. Usually these managers are labeled micro-managers. Managers get labeled this because they have to tell their in-competent sales people how to do their job, and when you don't know how to do your job, you get nixed.

End of story. You people are worthless sales people who got nixed because you can't sell.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I disagree. I would say that you got let go from A-tox for not performing, welcome to sales, you cannot cut it...you are of no-value to Ameritox. Carol was a great manager for me, I can say that she has extensive experience in medical management backed up with years in the field as a top performer, you don't get into executive management with no experience.

It is obvious you couldn't get the job done...seems like you paid too much attention to how Carol was manageing rather than growing the business, afterall that is your job.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think people are venting so much as they are just calling it like it is. Some have said bad things and some haven't. Funny though that when you google ameritox this cite comes up second in results because it is visited that much. Must be some truth to it.