Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Same here! Saw my DOO lie and cheat for four years, put up with the most hostile work environment I have seen in 38 years in the workforce, but finally had it. The promised bonuses somehow never got paid out, overtime was not paid but expected and to get one day off you'd have to beg....
    Best thing I ever did was leave, I wasn't going to stick around for the the next fraud investigation, I'll let my corrupt DOO to that!

2. The Cure

The Cure Guest

Now that is FFUUUUUNNNNYYYY! I don't care who you are...even ole Billy Boy would laugh....OK, maybe not :)

3. The Cure

The Cure Guest

Another GOOD one!!!! Makes me wanna slap a knee and go hoooooooooeeeeeey!

4. TheCure

TheCure Guest

I am not sure what planet you are from or what you MUST be smoking, but I am a former non-disgruntled employee who has personally witnessed the actions of management and the BD teams "beg" for referrals or form ties with referral sources then reap the benefits of non-legitimate referrals from the source in an effort to gain $. Please don't blow off the comments of everyone due to some who are disgruntled. There are legitimate people who KNOW what they are talking about on this forum. I am one of them who has been told directly by a current Director of Therapy Services that the practices of current BD team members at branch level are putting the company at great risk and management overlooks these indiscretions because their consistently high numbers gain them the favor of BB. There are numerous patients locally who are receiving PT for the BFL program who in NO WAY need the therapy! Just don't support because you have no qualms...be open-minded...The Cure will set you free!

5. The Cure

The Cure Guest

Re: Amedisys has committed NO fraud!!!

This is coming from someone on the inside: I know for a fact and it was confirmed by a Director of Therapy Services that a local CTC is gaining non-legitimate referrals for BFL and the therapists are pressured to conform and admit...The CTC has a lot of "power' at the branch level and is not concerned with anything except maxing out her referrals to blow out her quota...This is the truth whether you believe it or not...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not a disgruntled employee. I had a very long and good career at Amedisys, until the greed of management set in. I have seen the company go from being pt care driven to medicare dollar driven. I'm now a referral source for the local Amedisys ofc and they absolutely will not take a medicaid or commercial insurance referral. I have lots of medicare that I could send them, but because they won't take my occasional medicaid referral they will never see another referral from me. I don't care how many doughnuts they bring me to tell me about their wonderful DSM programs.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets be honest, at this stage of the game, no one in BR wants to got jail. If there is fraud occurring, it is probably field based and not visible...YET, to an internal audit.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Watch your language - enough with the name calling - you don't know me and I did NOT want the AVP job -it was a general statement. I was the SMART one and left the company, many others followed !!! Your assumptions are just that.....don't assume!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are lawyers crawling all over the office. What is up?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Y'all! Larry Graham has found his way to the Charlotte area of NC! Must have taken his millions paid to get rid of him and now is CEO of CURO! Try Googling for more info!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a follow up comment. I was a DOO 6 years ago. The real problem I observed at the time was the unethical manner in which employees were treated by upper level management. I had a VP who was so incompetent (didn't know how to read monthly fincancials!!) that I must have been a threat to her. She had arranged for the BOM to report to her everything I did or said on a daily basis, behind my back! I was clueless until after this red neck VP fired me for a minor issue. There is justice in the world though because she was fired during the big Larry Graham drama and mass exodus of head honchos! I have viewed the web site periodically and noted the HUGE turnover over the past 2-3 years of the "leadership team" Some very long employed VPs etc have left, plus recent hires into VP level roles have left already!! Doesn't this say something about good ole Bill's current leadership style?? Loyal employees who were with him since the begginning in early 1980's all gone?? How about our pitiful stock holdings? Bill only seems to care about his profits and the power he had emassed. Also, re: going to prison: I recommend researching Debbie Wetzberger, former CEO of the now defunct Columbia Homecare Group. When it got disbanded and a portion sold to Amedisys in 1998 (due to alleged fraud and abuse of the Medicare program) many believed Miss Debbie would be wearing stripes for a long time. Guess what? She never was prosecuted and now works for Gentiva, who, by the way is number one above Amedisys! So don't expect yee hah Bill to do any time either!! These people are coated with Teflon PLUS probably have very close ties to influencial politicians!! I see the hatred and resentment of those posting on this website considering how badly they percieved having been treated. I say it is better to take the high road and move on, letting the Amedisys idiots dig their own graves or what have you. Use the expereince as an education you could never have obtained in any college!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amessitis sucks balls! Giggity!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, if she is with Gentiva, i stand corrected.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why has no one looked into their Hospice division. They are pushing the boundaries with questionable admissions.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They changed job titles to cover up the fact that not all their DOO's are actually licensed professionals!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Their Hospice has marketers initiating Hospice referrals.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know in my area they have been putting hospice patients on service who are actively receiving chemotherapy and radiology treatments that are not palliative! Now that the New England Journal of Medicine article has put a spotlight on for profit hospice and the revenue being generated it may impact the Amedisys bottomline. Hospice has to start report outcomes shortly and there will be more accountability and audits.And just as an aside...how can Amedisys in good conscience have one hospice nurse covering 24 patients...poor ethical behavior not to mention a complete disregard for patients and families..not to mention the nurse who is covering all those patients.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medical Device

I started my own business 3 years ago after being downsized with BIG pharma and it's the BEST thing I ever did. It's in the Medical device arena and is MUCH more fun and MUCH more lucrative! Call me if you want me to teach you how I did it...561-444-2987 (you can do it if you get laid off or on the side) Get Ready for the Next Chapter!