Alcon Overall for Prospective Hire

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by anonymous, May 15, 2016 at 8:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good evening,

So I am seeing a lot of negative feedback on here about Alcon but I am interviewing with them this week for a sales position and I'm looking for honest answers. Any feedback on the following:

Quotas- Are they obtainable if you are a hard working rep?

Schedule Flexibility- Are you required to be in the field at all hours or are you allowed the flexibility to make calls part of the day and do paperwork, planning, etc the other part? I ask this because in the past I could hit it hard in the field Mon-Thursday and have an office day on Fridays for example.

Drug Coverage- How is it? Medicare? Tiers? Etc?

Thanks in advance!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You lazy SOB. You expect to have "flexible" hours as a professional sales rep? That tells us right away you are subpar and lazier than shit. Why would you need an office day every Friday? The hiring manager should see this and say we have way too many part time sales reps. Why hire another lazy deadbeat. This is why our sales are tanking and are market share is sinking fast. That is why we need to cut 80 of you lazy SOBs this summer.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for stopping by Kate. Oh wait, she's probably too lazy to even do that. As far as the original poster- flexibility is all based on your DM, but it's normally not an issue. And they're having such an issue with retention of reps right now that it's pretty tough to get put on a PIP.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd PIP your sorry ass before you start.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why is retention an issue . . . Or maybe the main reasons reps are leaving?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I PIP Kate. In fact, you are all getting PIPd. Just because you read this worthless site. No soup for you.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously? Beat it, nobody wants a deadbeat who's already asking for a 4 day work week before even paying their dues. Get lost, too many losers here already.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To answer your question--there are a lot of vacancies currently and morale is really low. Morale, and the company ingeneral, has been on a fast and steady decline since the Novartis merger. Depending whom you ask, there seems to be some degree of optimism with the new company head. Then again, the assumption js that he was brought in the "put lipstick on a pig" ans unload either what's left of the company or sell products off one by one. If I were you, my biggest concern would be what is going to happen in 1-2 years---another buy out?

As for working hours, in the past you were allowed 1/2 per week for admin work, depending on the sales force (cataract and refractive were always allowed some office time) and also depending on the manager. I am no longer in a field-based position, so this may have changed in the past couple of years.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, lots of typos on my part. Oops!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for your honest answer. After researching further, I think I will stay where I am and cancel that interview. It doesn't sound like a very stable place for a Sales Rep. And I can tell the morale is low just from reading the posts...no thank you.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Smart move. There are lots of companies hiring right now, no need to mess with this disaster.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Make sure you negotiate that 4 day work week and reasonable hours. Would hate for you to work too hard. Good riddance.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep taking it up the rear, pal. A reasonable amount of time to do reporting and administrative task is not an unreasonable request. My guess is you do these things during what most of us would consider family time. Your family probably prefers you spending your time this way than the receiving the abuse you typically give.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is a reasonable amount of time to do "reporting and administrative tasks" for you? If it's an entire day out of the field every week that is the very definition of unreasonable. Perhaps you are unwilling or incapable of dealing with these task on a dialysis basis when every body else can? Regardless of your rationale your lack of work ethic will define your professional opportunities.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are obviously a pharma rep. Surgical days start very early and go late. By Friday most of of us have worked well over 40 hours starting our days before six and not finishing for another 12 hours. Then add the reporting, quotes, rebates, back orders, custom paks changes, compliance training, vendor credentialing, emails, expenses, scheduling surgery and evaluations. (We do not have a route we set up and mindlessly follow). Clearly our efforts are not appreciated or rewarded. Maybe it is time to step down to a cushy pharma job. Don't talk to me about work ethic.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You proactively brought up your own lack of work ethic so natural people are going to talk about it. Maybe you shouldn't post info on a social "bitching" website if you don't want comments back. You're not fooling anyone either, if you're posting here you ain't working.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you see the irony in your own post, slacker?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course but I'm not asking for more time to complete simple tasks. Think about it.
    Also, strange with your solid surgical gig your still here on an Alcon bitch site. I can tell you're a hard worker. (Reminder, I'm not claiming to be.)

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG, I wish both of you would catch on fire.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This site has gone to crap. Nothing but a bunch of haters and whiners.