Alcon has become an assembly line

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

in a "free market", you also wouldn't have the fda, patents, and other barriers to entry.
    i'm not sure in which reality we have a "free market". perhaps in an anarchistic world, but not one governed by the current rules of the game.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When it takes (orders of magnitude) more time and effort to write voluminous page reports and prepare infinite # of slide decks to justify why a certain experiment needs to be done to "UPPER MANAGEMENT" (aka a bunch of fools) - than to actually just go ahead and "DO" the experiment - it is time to LEAVE.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above post is sooooo true, but in my division you do all of that, they've changed their minds and you repeat the whole process for a few months. Then you get yelled at for not doing anything and you are back to your original idea which would've been completed months ago if the morons in management would've gotten out of the way. Experts my a$$. High paid wastes if good oxygen.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A knowledge based organization is one where new ideas and ways of doing things are encouraged and rewarded - not throttled. It seems to me that a new paradigm is required where there is a clear-cut differentiation between the 'scientists' and the 'pseudo-scientists'; the latter being (management+slide-deck makers/handlers + HR + regulatory etc.). The organizational charts for the two should only 'meet' at the top most levels. A 'real' counterweight to the likes of pseudoscientists like SM would be very beneficial!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It does not matter at Alcon/NVS. The organization is riddled and teeming with incompetents. No amount of organizational structure changes will help because ultimately it is the same fools you are reporting to.
    The American people are paying for the overinflated salaries of these imbeciles. Cutting edge medicine indeed! The only people who are producing anything is the small start ups.
    These big pharma guys are just investment bankers using Pharma as a cover for their gross incompetence.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe it's time for all of us/them to look in the mirror? What are you/I/them doing to make a change? I'm a low level employee, there isn't a ton I can do to truly change things. However, if everyone (especially those here, self included) did something positive then who's to say improvement can't be made. Be part of the solution instead of the problem. Obviously I expect people to backlash on this message b/c that's the nature of this site and I get that. I just suggest you look inward before blaming outward. Why not attempt to turn around what you dislike so much. Who knows what could happen
    I accept all the "drink the company kool aid" remarks but honestly I just want to enjoy my job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is nothing that will turn this around - all the knowledge has already left the company. All that is left at Alcon is slide-deck fabricators, femtometer thick un-knowledgeable managers, pseudo-scientists, charlatans, carpet-baggers, backstabbers and fools. If you like working there - congratulations - ignorance is bliss!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And yet the person above still posts on their "former" company site. Maybe ignorance is bliss but at least that bliss gives me hope. However bitterness is just plain sad.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dream on!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The big investment banks (Novartis/Alcon, Merck, J&J, Pfizer) need to shed jobs to drive growth. One way to do this is as follows:
    1. Get rid of all regulatory personnel and outsource to cheap (yet intelligent) labor India and China.
    2. Get rid of all QbD, quality and Process development functions and personnel (they are for show and tell to the FDA anyway and only need documentation - percent batch failures are still abysmal; and can afford to be so- and outsource to smaller start up labs in the US or abroad.
    3. Get rid of all sales personnel and outsource to pharma rep specialized companies.
    4. Outsource clinical trial development and protocols to CROs'.

Shed the manufactured illusion of 'cutting edge research'. Call it 'Acquired cutting edge research' instead as it is all acquired from smaller start ups anyway.

Tell it like it is. Stop using the charade of 'innovation' and 'R&D' to unnecessarily force the people to pay astronomical prices.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was real nice. Absolutely none of that will happen.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or get bought by Valeant.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of this is already in the works and happening. IT is already shipped out and regulatory is on the verge. For those who choose to deny the inevitable; wake up and smell the stench!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't realize there was any regulatory left, all the talent left awhile ago. The a#@hat in charge got rid of the talent and can't recruit as he is well known outside Alcon.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plain and simple, Alcon is F@&$'D. QA, RA, R&D, it doesn't matter. The leadership in control of the divisions is driving everything into the ground because they all have zero expertise and wouldn't listen to people who do anyway. I'm trying my damnedest to get the hell away from this sinking ship. Good luck Jeff. You'll be out too unless you clean house fast. Like early 2015 fast because the people beneath you are undermining you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How so?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis would do well to sell (what remains of Alcon) to Valeant before the clowns it has appointed to run Alcon drain all shareholder value out of it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hopefully Novartis is beginning to realize that keeping all of the legacy alcon leadership in place is a huge mistake. The real talent has left. These assholes are wholly responsible for killing any progressive changes to support false profit margins that bolstered their share values over the last two buyouts. They are the reason alcon is the festering pile of shit that it is. We are about 15 years behind the industry because of this circle jerk of hunting buddies and second rate politicians. And yes, I'm looking at you, Mr. Magoo.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do contact lens cleaning solutions need to be sterile? People wash their eyes and bathe everyday with non-sterile water. Market them as concentrates to be diluted with water before use, similar to laundry detergents.
    These are topical use, not parenterals!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To say you are a moron would be insulting to morons, Alcon quality and manufacturing were leagues ahead of Novartis/Sandoz who had a bevy of Warning Letters. Funny, Erwin was appointed head of all Novartis QA. Clearly your one of the Novartis idiots who have rolled into DFW to wreck Alcon. Good job Tool!