Alcon Asia

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2012 at 2:37 AM.

Tags: Edit
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Escape. Was part of ciba then to alcon.... i am shocked by the people allowed to run this business. no interest or respect for people just rely on being rude and aggressive. Anyone else had bad experiences? I think there might be with the number of people leaving.

ex-alcon likes this.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont get trampled in the stampede for the exit - many Alconians have already jumped

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Acosta, Goh, does it really matter? It will all come out in the light of the day and if Novartis has the guts to deal with it; great. If not, then not only Ciba but Alcon people will be checking out..My question is what happens when some of the "issues" become front page news stories??

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What 'issues'? what kind of paper?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People have stepped up, but Novartis has been investigating for 6 months and no results. Perhaps they are wanting them to leave of their own accord or may be they don't really care.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The alcon asia career path
    1. step up and report the horrendous management issues
    2. pack your bags and prepare to be managed out !

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true, that's why I am no longer there.
    Until, the senior mgt moves or the country managers grow some balls and stand-up. Nothing will change.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is the problem in asia? give examples.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Examples?
    - obviously not going to talk specifics but boardly speaking it is around bullying and abuse of power. The culture of fear this creates means a no initiative environment, and the only way to advance is through joining the culture of bullying and / or literally bending over or under the bully's.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt very much that Roy Acosta will be removed. Just as Alcon is the growth driver for Novartis, Asia is one of the growth drivers for Alcon. There is little doubt that Asia has been very successful during Roy's tenure and for all his perceived faults he is a very good business man. I doubt senior management in FTW care about how the numbers are obtained or what the Americans get up to whist they're over there. I guess I'm more of a realist. With such a masculine and American culture the complaints from a few Asians probably don't amount to much. I do understand the pain of the CIBA team. It would no doubt have been a shock to the system. But, Alcon will turn the CLs around and you will see the difference in revenue and share within two years. It's pretty simple really,but you're right, there is one strategy, and we execute against that. There are global plans and we execute those. We don't get to create much, mainly just modify and execute within our markets. It's just a big difference in business strategy, culture and management style. But it will be successful. That's what Novartis are banking on and why they won't be changing much in the short term particularly once they see the dollars and shares in CIBA brands go up.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon leadership might not care how targets are achieved, Novartis leadership will.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sure? I heard that was going to happen 2011... Still waiting, waiting, waiting.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the summary above is true (of all pharma companies in Asia)
    it doesnt matter how you do it ..... as long as you deliver double digit growth you will look good
    Back in Fortworth, Chicago or Rochester in the comfy head office they dont realise you would have to be retarded not to accomplish 20% plus in such a growing market)

As long as the numbers are good they are safe

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be a turning point for the better

Which investigation/activity are you alluding to?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TZ was fired? When?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont bother asking, every time someone posts a reply, it gets deleted,...makes me think there's definitely a story to be told

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TZ was not fired.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So he (TZ) left on his own I presume? Stepped down? Odd?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Noooo, he was let go - crazy stuff in China, those who know him could only imagine. No-one leaves a high level position to move to a small derm company with a lower level position (less $). He is done in Ophthalmology! He is the first, after the Novartis investigation, more will follow.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is next?