Acquisitions are getting hit as we speak

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, May 3, 2016 at 6:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A friend of mine at Ardea Biosciences in San Diego, CA just told me that most people are letting go this year and the whole subsidiary is getting dissolved. AZ acquired Ardea a while back and just sold their newly approved drug to Ironwood.

More to come?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like a Pfizer move

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Single digit % cuts coming by mid May.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many acquisitions are there in total? Have there been announcements of any other closures?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is all part of the fire sale. This is standard Pascal. Burn through the cash to prop up revenue and share price, cash in stock options, sell off parts of the company to increase revenue when cash is gone, then slash and burn the sales force. Been there done that. Just a sequel to the movie he has made time and again.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer is buying Anacor for $4.5 billion. Anacor stock up 55% and their stockholders are partying in the streets while AZ stockholders got caught with a pig in a poke in Pascal the idiot. AZ stock down 73% since the rumor of a Pfizer buyout. DUH!!!!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

actually, AZN down about 30% since Pfizer. Maybe you should have bought Anacor since you post the same rant over and over again with your fuzzy math.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gee I feel better now. My AZ stock is only down 30% while the rest of Pharma is up an average of 8% . I think it is party time. Closing buildings, outsourcing jobs, cutting the sales force and stock down 30%. What a wonderful record.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well for those of us sticking around, let's hope our share prices go up after Pascal cuts loose the $1b dead weight!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YES, STOCK WILL GO UP UP UP!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If it was going to go up, it would have already. Stock price is based on what investors believe is the future of the company not the past.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well it is 50 cents above its historic lows set before the announcement of major cost cutting.
    Brilliant leadership pays huge dividends again for AZ. Evidently nobody is buying the spin that new products are on the way to save us.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

once the layoff numbers start coming out, the market will reward. stop being sour grapes!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

up Up UP!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

when will dissolution happen?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We just bought ZS for 2.7 billion and our drug got rejected!!! Pascal needs to be fired. Why would you buy a drug without a FDA approval!!! Time to cut that division down

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old Frenchie is bulletproof ! But I don't care, because he is cool with my "work hours". Go frenchie!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We paid $1.2 billion for the gout drug from Ardea. We then paid to get this through ph3 and FDA approval process, just to turn around and sell it for $100 million and another $165 million when the fixed dose combo gets approved. Why didn't we just burn a billion dollars cash instead and have a big party?