ACO's Lake Centre Sold?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Aug 10, 2011 at 7:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the rumor of the day.

For the uninformed, Lake Centre is or was a launch facility and clinical material manufacturer of AMG-386, dmab and nplate.

What have you hear about LC's future???

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is it located.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ACO = Amgen Colorado. Lake Centre is in Boulder.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This rumor was denied today at ACO all staff meeting, for what it worth. Question was posed in regard to rumored sale of LakeCentre to Genentech.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For what it is worth, Genentech also has a number of oversized bulk plants. These things are kind of dinosaurs within the industry. They are still walking the planet...but their days are numbered (obviously bulk plants don't walk, but you guys are gonna have to accept the metaphor).

I don't see them having a need for Lakecentre. I guess it is possible they have a niche product that would fit there, but why not go contract? Would like to hear the counter argument on why it would make sense for Genentech.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LakeCentre is gone, staff goners. Amgen will sell Nplate. 386 goes to Ireland to new greenfield plant being planned.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That doesn't really line up. If 386 is going to Ireland greenfield, you are talking like 4 years minimum. Unless you have a mechanism to produce more 386 (B23 Ato, contract) I don't see letting go of ACO in the short term. Could be a sale with obligation to produce?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sandoz in Broomfield CO is planning on producing biosimilars. Rumors of Lake Centre being sold. Hmmm.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sandoz does small molecule in Broomfield; their bio-tech is in Canada. LakeCentre is sold though. Either 1) to a scrapper or 2) to a manufacturer. Both bids as of last week were nonbinding. Let's see who get's it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2nd rule of zombieland: double tap.

(Seriously, a 3.5 yr old thread?)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

manufacturing to resume in August at Amgen's old lakecentre facility. sale final end of this week.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who purchased LakeCenter?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biogen is taking their third tour of the LakeCentre facility today.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so many rumors but Biogen is what I have heard recently too

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relatively large pharma buyer is rumor I've heard; Biogen fits that. Seriously doubt it'll be this week though.

And thanks to the bump on this 3+ yo thread, as I got a great laugh out of what was said at an all-staff. Depending on who the site head is at those, one hears either nothing of substance, or "my best guess..." which is as good as anyone's here. I'm not sure if I am glad I don't need to feel obliged to go to those anymore, or miss the comedy show.

17. exATOite

exATOite Guest

Biogen Idec: a company with a future.

Amgen: shell operation, already sold out to bidder.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deal to be closed by end of may. hiring to start sometime after that or as soon as offer becomes binding. hopefully amgen doesn't screw up THIS deal. sounds like facility (bldg and lad) going for less than 10 million dollars... lol fire sale. you could make that in scrap. don't let the door hit you in the ass amgen as you depart colorado.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$85M is the asking price...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$85mm is the price for Longmont, not LakeCentre