Abbott Nutrition - sales force changes - FACTS

Discussion in 'Abbott Nutrition' started by Anonymous, Mar 20, 2015 at 8:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had to start a new thread. Everyone was claiming of impending doom, or changes, to the sales force, yet no one stated any hard facts!

I was told this week that the sales force was being "redeployed."

I learned today, that they "Pediatric Specialty Sales Force" which details Elecare, Pediasure, etc. has been reduced to 40 reps. One year ago, they numbered about 60!

WHAT OTHER CHANGES ARE OCCURRING? PLEASE STATE FACTS.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HME territories eliminated. Reps fired
    Several Acute Care territories collapsed - several reps fired.
    Managers fired or re-deployed
    New primary care territories formed. Some reps (very few) rehired. New reps hired.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was also told my performance ranks very low therefore I was placed
    on my seventh PIP

I learned last week my manager is ready to terminate me within a month.

WHAT CAN I DO,PLEASE HELP

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here are the facts. No one knows what the hell is going on. We just keep hearing how safe our jobs are but people are being fired everyday. Desperate leadership makes desperate decisions, and not for the best. When the smoke clears you might have a job or you might not. Mgt in this company is the absolute worst. We haven't heard from anyone in months. Some one please step up and lead.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seven PIP's???? You have a pussy for a manager. If I were your manager and you did not perform and I had to put you on a second PIP I would make damn sure that you were terminated. You should thank him/her for being so easy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The blind leading the blind. In a few years, when the dust settles and the damage assessed, those throwing darts at dart boards will be long gone. How many have come and left and did just enough to damage the once outstanding reputation of the company? And how many of them now on their fourth company since leaving our management ranks, if ever put on a polygraph wouldn't admit to helping screw up the business. Don P ended the name and a long list of outside consultants and managers have officially killed the division. RIP "Ross". It couldn't last forever and will never be replicated.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The day Patton changed our name from Ross to Abbott, everything changed. To be a Ross rep meant something that you youngsters will never understand. It commanded respect from our customers. I understand that all good things must come to an end. There will never be a place like Ross Laboratories. This untrusting, micromanaging environment will be the ruin of this company. And by the way RD's are not the answer. They don't have the selling skills.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In all fairness, there are many very good salespeople who happen to be RDs. There are others who are not very effective. Some have become managers and some are good, some not. Same can be said for non-RDs. It really doesn't matter as they are puppets of the elite in Columbus.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a catch 22 What's up my man ,Keep it real !

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How good could they possibly be with the joke that is their manager?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was forced out over three years ago. I see nothing has changed, probably only gotten worse. The downfall came when DP arrived. I first met him in Aruba when he showed up for TPC. Over 10 years of loyal service and top performance only to be booted with a bunch of other long term, "Senior" MNR's.

It's Big Pharma micromanaging at best and Corporate America cost cutting at its worst. Those at the top are never going to be hurt in this "pro business" political environment. Get on the Blue Train or be gone...

As far as RD's are concerned, and I am not one, some of the best and brightest sales people I have ever worked with, were RD's selling for Ross/Abbott. That is the one thing I miss most, the professional sales talent. The good thing is there is a life outside of AN, even if you aren't an RD. There are now, thankfully, good sales jobs to be had in med sales and other industries. Get your resumes out there...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will MB drive morale so low with his micromanaging, accounting style that more good people will leave voluntarily? I'm afraid I know the answer to that question. People are not numbers and you don't motivate sales people through fear. By the time the damage is complete and realized, he'll be promoted to running another division in some foreign country.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES YES YES

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get ready for the roll out of these changes. They are going to see how many they can "retire" in the process. And for those with years left until retirement, dust off the resumes.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Respect? What a joke. "Hey, buddy, drop the cartons off over there in the corner"!

Yeah, respect.....

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So here we are 8 months after a major reorg. The sales force and the division are in shambles. Heard the RSD team will be have big changes very soon. Current district manager have no I idea how to fix this problem. They keep talking about inputting sales calls and making sure our percentages are correct. Correct for what.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is going on in the Nutrition Division?

20. death star

death star Guest

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,