Abbott IT = IBM

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On priority

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes I am a Senior DM who actually does think about my job on the weekend. In fact I sometimes REQUIRE my reps to do Saturday ride-alongs so I can impress on them the URGENCY of closing an order ASAP. We must have a 24/7 mentality here to be successful. And yes, a Senior DM is VERY WELL REWARDED, financially speaking. Sorry to say you sound like a LOSER.

Best in class is, yes, a relative term. But I believe Abbott leadership when they say we set the standard.

Have a good day.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did four startups. Two failed and two made it. Got over $1M in my pocket from options. That is how you do it. Screw this 9 to 5 shit.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How can you man 4 glory holes at once ?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can appreciate meeting a customer when they are available, but impressing the feeling for the need to work 24/7 to be successful sounds like you are taking advantage of people that count on you for guidance, I would think Best in Class would not use the same numbers tactics as a common insurance agency.

Thanks for proving the use of inflammatory language by the emotional far exceeds the use of logic and facts, "Sorry to say you sound like a LOSER", surely a Senior DM could do better.

And thanks, I did have a good day, doing a good job for good people, management at the local level I respect.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The truth finally. That is Abbott culture for you. Go to meetings, bob your heads, kiss ass, never speak out and you will be safe. However nowadays even that is not enough-considering the number of ass kissers that were tossed out-I there another company that can hire all the legions of ass kissers with no skills?

It used to be they got rid of the hard working people with a soul, now the poor ass kissers are out too.

The IBM deal is not going well, but who cares-they will just blame it on the few employees left and double down.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am the Senior DM who made the post. You my friend are a total asshole. I made Senior DM, along with many others, by getting superior results. I work weekends, evenings, and when a low end rep I even made calls on holidays such as July 4 and Labor day. You need to recognize that a little 'ass kissing' as you call it can go a long way, as long as you also produce results. Its the morons LIKE YOU who simply don't get it.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You, my friend, are not a Senior DM. There's no such position. However, you are an idiot.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Surely, you must be joking.

10. Get a life, dickhead.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FYI - Senior DM is an honorary title for those serving 25 years or more. Company presents special gifts (watch etc) and a beautiful certificate.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know you like to kiss ass, but didn't realize you were friends with them too.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More inflammatory language, and look at what you are getting in return.

No facts, just egotistical responses with profanity.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry, retract that last post, please accept by sincere apology. It was totally uncalled for. I am under job stress as a DM and I just lost it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOOK YOU F'ING AHOLE DICKHEAD- IN ORDER TO MAKE DM OR SENIOR DM REQUIRES A LOT OF LONG DAYS, LIKE TODAY!!!!!!
    Also a lot of patience with the reps .

You must be an ignorant rep or ex rep trolling here to stir up the troops. Get a life.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no such position of Senior DM, you're delusional.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Senior DM is an honorary title for those serving 25 years or more. Company presents special gifts (watch etc) and a beautiful certificate. Received it 6 years ago (now with 31 yrs of service).

You probably are a newbie, and for all I know they may no longer grant that title.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You apparently have your head in the sand or are just a lackey of sorts. With every 5 years of service the employee gets to pick from an awards catalog, the more years, the more expensive the reward. And yes, there are watches on the list as you reach 20+ years. When your Manager/Director presents you the award, it is accompanied by a letter/certificate honoring you and your years of service. This concept has been around forever. Wake up and smell the roses.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes of course they have the 5 year gifts, progressively 'better'. That's for general consumption, for the naive, you (hate to say it) moron. Those, shall I say, in the elite status category get 'special' treatment which includes a VERY GENEROUS yearly bonus and of course starts at the at 25 year service point for the SELECT FEW. This is not for those who just put in time at the water cooler. You obviously are a newbie or not an insider, as you would know this. I should not even being promulgating this but you forced the issue and need to be educated as to what really goes on. Hopefully you will get there. Yes there are catalog benefits for the masses and special rewards for the select few....like me. They also BTW refer to us (in the leadership meetings) as Senior DMs.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is quite true. In many meetings I have referred to these people as Senior Dick Monkeys