Abbott Hiring Policy - background checks

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Jane007, Sep 22, 2015 at 3:07 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR HERE

This is correct. The type of background check we do on salaried candidates is done by a third party PI agency. Those take several days to complete, often a week to get done and back, and are expensive. Much more involved than what we do for hourly. Those are done in the HR department, using an on-line search engine. So for salaried, we only do the background once the final candidate accepts the offer. Same for references, which take time too. Several days. Our offer letter states it is contingent on reference, drug screen, and background check. For that reason, salaried candidates typically don't resign their current jobs until they get the "all clear".

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BTW I WAS HOURLY AND A LABORER

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, we all figured that our from your post. The language also was a give away.

I use to work summer jobs like yours when I was in college. You don't send in a resume, do a phone interview, then move on to live interviews, etc, over a span of weeks. Instead, you fill out an application on line or on person. It's all very industrial, like an assembly line. Often we all came in at the same time, in a large group, and went through the process, with people getting weeded out as we moved along, in one day. The background check is done after the first cut, which is those dismissed right away for appearance, behavior, clear inconsistencies in their paperwork, etc.

It's OK that you come here to read, but you should really not post, except to ask genuine questions in a respectful manner. This is a site mainly for field Sales, which is management level, well above your supervisors, floor bosses, etc. We're the same grade level as the people in that part of the building you don't have access to, unless you are custodial; if we worked where you are, we would be those people in offices with windows.