Abbott Hiring Policy - background checks

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Jane007, Sep 22, 2015 at 3:07 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, 2 posts in a row! Looks like someone got your panties in a knot...again.

Who ever wrote this, I literally laughed out loud when a got to "mob enforcer". Very well done!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL!!! Too bad there's no brain test we can do, like pee in a cup to reveal stupidity. If we have morons like you in HR, this could be true. Get it? You must be fun to take to a comedy.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you wrote it jackass heeee haw heeee haw

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not so fast....I am a convicted arsonist did time at the ACI in rhode island. I am ashamed of my past. I was crazy at the time. I am now a stellar performer. I don't know how much of that other post is true but I can tell you I am a grateful employee. The company picked me up out of the gutter and gave me a chance. Yes, I completed my BA while incarcerated but once I got parole I made a bee line to a recruiter and landed this great job. HR actually considered me a 'disadvantaged applicant' which gave me a leg up on the competition.

So please stop denigrating us former felons isn't it the American way to give us a chance?

I hope you will recant your ignorant post.

respectfully

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

there is hope for us , thanks

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's admirable and positive that you have made a 180 degree turn on your life and it's a good thing that you were given a 2nd chance. The person making the comment is an Indian troll as I could detect the way they type the english grammer. I'm laidoff IT shaming these trolls on this site so don't let them get you down. Keep on the right path brother and may God bless you and God speed to your success.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

IT Geek, God has a plan for you and it doesn't involve Abbott. Get over it and move on. Y'all a holy roller ? Then don't let pride come before a fall. Y'all Sound like Ted Cruz, hold that Bible up high, put the Bible down and LIE LIE LIE

Have A Blessed Day

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This has been such a refeshing thread to read!! I've been living in fear for the last half dozen or so years here at ADC, expecting any day that HR will call to fire me for not disclosing my felony conviction and jail time. I was convicted for selling drugs to minors and running a teenage prostitution ring across state lines. All untrue!! I thought my whole life was ruined, and the jail time was brutal. But I found Allah, converted, and am now on the right path.

Like many here have said, i didn't "check the box" on my application. Unlike some, however, I didn't tell my DM. Now I know Abbott will forgive me because we are a company that gives felons a second chance.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get a job Troll, It's getting old you lazy demented POS FOOL !

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the above posts have been very uplifting and even though I never had a 'felony' etc I totally agree that we must give everyone a second chance. Saving a life makes us all better; who am I to caste a stone?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who are you ? You're a Turd who don't work and you bum on 7 boards ALL DAY. How sad

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So your posting at 11:05 am? Shouldn't you be working? Guess not ...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've never had a felony either, but have been arrests a few times, and been in the slammer for 30 days. Like you I'm glad to see ABT HR misses those things from laziness etc, and that allows many of us to get jobs. If it were not for Abbott, my life would have spiraled into a life of crime.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tough guy...I'm retired with 28 years under my belt .....I Attained Substantial options and I watched And profited from TWO ABT stock splits that made me MEGA DOUGH ...You peon millennial Sponge Bob Xbox pimple faced turds living with mommy who still wipes your ass are clueless in life You'll find out the hard way whom mommy and daddy aren't supporting your lazy asses

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're a sick dude ....Seriously, get some friends or professional help, it's pathetic !

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you were a DM, I see. I can recognize the classic motivational speech.

Congrats on retiring early; hopefully you weren't PIP'ed out? Someday I hope to sit back, relax with my feet up (resplendent in black sandles and white knee sox), and curse at everyone like a crusty old fart too.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, I recruited and hired and Unfortunately for some fired DMs and RMs. Was Grade 24 HR Sr. Mgmt. Global

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread is 99% BS.

Abbott as a matter of protocol has a complete background check run by a 3rd party company on all applicants who are offered jobs, as a condition of employment. The offer is based upon a clean report, and is suspended if anything turns up that was not disclosed on the job application. An applicant checks no on charges, convictions, and time served, you will not be hired. Unfortunately, 99.9% time, the same is true if you check yes.

This thread had been amusing, and get's an "A" for creative writing and pure entertainment. Which is of course the whole reason for this site. That said, the funniest thing by far are those very few poor, gullible, sad, naive idiots that believe this is a great place for real information.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

An offer is made only AFTER a clean background check. What's amusing is clueless asswipes like you who know nothing. Keep trying and we'll keep laughing dick breath !

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He was referring to salaried employees, something you would not understand of course. For us, offers are made contingent upon background verification, reference check, and drug test. The obvious reason of course it allows the company to enter into negotiations with just one candidate, the finalist. There's a great deal of work getting to that point: weeks to months. Once an agreement on salary etc is complete, and the candidate accepts, the company goes forward with the above. Otherwise the company would be spending a considerable and needless amount of money on in-depth back ground checks, tests, etc for 3 -4 finalists for every salaried position.

For folks like you, its more like a assembly line process for employment, with a simple internet report for a background check, pee in a cup, and your on your first shift in a day or so. If some fall off, no big deal.