abbott diabetics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've got a geography that results in a lot of drive time. I won't give any more details, obvious reasons (like the Goon Squad). The actual calls don't take much time, pretty much in and our in under 10 minutes max, often including the walk in and out from the car.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm lucky: my territory is more urban, with lots of offices close together. I can get in all the calls I need on some days by noon, if I start at 8:30, hit no heavy traffic, and just get sig's. But I rather go at a more leisurely pace, so I usually take a hour for lunch, then hit 1 or 2 more offices. Some days I'm dropping lunch with my samples, so those days sometimes go long, such as 2:00. A buddy is a normal pharma rep, and he had to actually try to talk to his doc's. His days sometimes run until 4:00.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typically I will do a pizza day at Walmart or CVS between 11-2 a few days a week. I dust off my meters on the shelf and fight for shelf positioning with my competitions. I give out a few free meter coupons to the Walmart shoppers. Not a very technical job and gets pretty boring most of the time. It does get embarrassing and I try to hide when I see a neighbor or friend shopping in the store. Usually the pharmacists blows me off but the cashiers and clerks in pharmacy love the free food and tell me all about their kids and family vacations.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True story, works as a janitor at Walmart shining the toilets. Nice try Leroy !

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Uh try not to make all the posts about you. I can see you're a hard worker at this stuff. Maybe if you worked as hard at ADC you would still have a job. Good luck with that buddy.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey pajama boy, you're still out of work bumming I see. Hey Ted Cruz wants to tea bag you. and Nancy Berce said your job is filled by a Mr Patel.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh I can see you have a very high IQ. Hmmmmm.... Janitor, Pajama Boy..... I told you to stop making this about you and your personal problems. It makes you look very foolish. LMfAO

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That used to be a great way to kill a few hours each day, but I'm finding it much harder to find a CVS, Walgreens or Walmart willing to let me do this anymore. It's been years since I've done more that wave a quick "good morning" to a doc or nurse. I'm beyond board. What are you guys doing with your time?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pizza delivery is a highly skilled art. It runs in the blood line of all good meter maids.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hit the nail on the head. Wish we could discus this openly and honestly at meetings and with our managers, instead of pretending. We are ignoring the 1,000 pound gorilla in room.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The 1000lb gorilla died here at ADC long before the one that was killed at the Cincinatti zoo last week. This place has been dead men walking for 3-4 years now. If you are still there, I hate to tell you the train left the station and there are no other trains coming back to pick you up.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just shut up! How stupid can you be? Don't you want a pay check? This is the easiest job in pharma, so STFU before you ruin it for the rest of us.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said hit the nail on the head !

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

board should be bored!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OH crap here we go. Another spell nazi. Maybe being a spelling teacher will get you out of the unemployment line.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dunky does not want reps who just want a pay check. That's not how he built ADC into the mega meter giant that it is today.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true! I work for $1.00 per year plus expenses. And of course for the pride of being one of Duncan's Elite Delta Force.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How long ago were you let go here?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Steve Leeds is Gone Gone Gone. Mike Schilk is gone gone gone. more to come from the NY Metro and rest of the sales force. booooooooo yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bravo! Here here! Nice to see there are some fellow gentlemen still left at ADC. These upstarts that have hired in recent years! Uncivilized, what?!? Ah, the good old days ...