Abbott Diabetes Care

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

Does anyone know about how long people keep CGMS systems? Do they tend to replace every year?

Actually, I am conducting a study on CGMS systems in the US and want to learn more about the products and the market. If anyone is willing to speak with me briefly please email me at lsaresearch@yahoo.com

Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FDA Recalls FreeStyle Navigator - Abbott Diabetes Care

Finally, the mystery about why the Navigator was on quality hold is now revealed. The FDA made public the Class II recall of the FreeStyle Navigator. More than 5,000 units are affected and it appears that ADC would have to notify other regulatory agencies as well. How can ADC salvage its reputation? HCPs would think twice about prescribing a FreeStyle product. It's time that we have some senior executives at ADC tender their resignation papers. The head of R&D should be the first to go!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Potential failure or inaccurate readings--the device's plastic housing near the battery compartment may crack, and allow moisture to enter.

This is the reason for the recall according to the FDA website.
    ARE YOU SERIOUS ? Thats it ? A possible crack ?
    How about the possibility of a truck rolling over your receiver unit ? That may also cause potential failure or inaccurate readings. The FDA is ridiculous !! All this trouble because of a potential crack in the plastic frame ??? Thats unbelievable ?

What the heck does this ridiculously insignificant problem have to do with the company's CEOs ???????

Of note... im just a frustrated customer, trying to obtain a Navigator and i am in no way associated with Abbott.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The potential crack in the battery compartment has been an issue for over a year. That is in the transmitter. That has nothing to do with the backorder for the receiver. I am sure what that problem was will come to light at a future date. If you truly were a customer, then you would know that “inaccurate readings’ is a serious issue for a diabetic that could result in death.

As for what it has to do with CEOs, they are a bunch of crooks ripping off consumers and ruining their customer’s health by selling them a piece of garbage.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will bet they will be subpoened for ripping off our government with pricing schemes against medicare.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those of you who aren't aware of this little fact, Miles White was named CEO because of his then brilliant acquisition of MediSense back in '96. He tried to save this flop by buying TheraSense in '04. Do you really wonder why he isn't too critical of ADC? It's his reputation on the line. FYI - I am a huge fan of Miles White, since I worked at MediSense and TheraSense during these acquisitions and cashed in huge on my shares of stock!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He can't be critical because he would have to have knowledge of what's going on ... can't criticize what you can't see. "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil."

ADC is that one locked room in the basement, behind all the boxes, in a dark corner. The one place you hope no one ever looks. And you only open the door once and a while, when no one is around to see, and throw in those things you want no one to know about. Nothing ever comes out.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You represent the worst of the Internet blithering nonsense. You can say what you "think"
    and call it a "fact." Then the more people who read it, think they learned something from the idiot who posted. I hope there is enough IQ left in the world to look up real facts and not come to these posts to find anything but disgruntled employees attempts at humor or stupid rants. Settle down, before you attack, there are some educated posts on here but they are few and far between.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Huh??? Sounds like one those "things thrown in" has attempted to respond. No need to "look up the facts" with incoherent posts like this one.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is coherent about this post? Neither one of you make sense.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kinda makes sense to me: Abbott flushes the toilet, and it ends up at ADC. Seems pretty straight forward. Why don't you give us some facts. Name one of these retreads that Abbott sent us that you think is actually good, and why.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing "blithering" here is you ... as in blithering idiot.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any word on whether or not there is a hiring freeze in abbott diabetes care?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow!! It has been a bad summer for ADC.

First, the FDA letter and now we lose our biggest managed care account, United Health Care.

I agree mother Abbott send us all their management rejects... ABT flushes the toilet and out comes our senior management team, Heather, Robert and Dunky. Not to mention our shitty managed care team...

It looks the mangement care dept, Neera, Saundra, Ed and Suzanne screwed up another account for us! Way to go MC Team!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget the others ... Skippy, Karl, it just keeps going on ...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ADC sorely needs Maureen Conley back.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What ever happened to Karl and Skip? Did they get let go?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, it will be against public health pricing.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So speaking of those that have left before things started getting hot, whatever became of Tina Bazurkawicz that hired all those knowledgeable QA people that didn't have the training, experience and education. Is Abbott still letting her leach off Abbott? Pays to know when to hold em and when to fold em... probably hacking up a golf course somewhere on Pebble Beach or she might be feeding all her favorite secret squirrels that she favored while living high on the hog at ADC... wouldn't it be nice to ride a book how Medisense was a death sentence for TheraSense.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i dont think so. there are HH out there with ADC open position JDs being tossed around. i received one for an new position that has been recently created - what do the lifers/old timers think of this? any inputs wud be helpful ...