Abbott a Strong Stock.. But Should I Buy Now?

Discussion in 'Pharma/Biotech Companies - Stock Discussions' started by RobertPhillips900, Aug 29, 2016 at 11:47 AM.

1. RobertPhillips900

Abbott a solid company. What makes it a stabilizing company is their diversified revenue stream. Abbott is running successfully for years in fast-growing countries that is seen as a challenge by many companies. What more, this is recession-proof stock. Despite this, I am a bit doubtful whether this stock is worth investing in. This is because of the debt and the credit rating. S&P doesn’t have a positive outlook towards this firm, due to its overly priced acquisition of St.Jude Medical and Alere. There are chances for a downgrade.

Please help me decide whether or not I should add this to my portfolio.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't buy "Bobby Pee Pee. You sound clueless on investment end Sorry IT boy ...Don't you know Whites backing out of Alere deal because of investigation ?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When the CEO re-invests 45million of his own money in his company, that's all the confidence I need.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is what is going on:

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13687032/1/abbott-s-acquisitions-in-question-as-issues-arise-about-alere-st-jude.html?puc=CNNMONEY&cm_ven=CNNMONEY

I know Abbott. They have lots of lawyers and don't make a move unless the legal team says go. So the stock will fall. Buy in. Up it goes after Abbott wins. IMO....

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Miles White propelled ABT stock to 6 splits First was in In 1986 was a 2 for 1 split, meaning for each share of ABT owned pre-split, the shareholder now owned 2 shares. The second split took place in June 1990, another 2 for 1. Third split in June 1992. 2 for 1 4th split took place on June 1998 This was a 2 for 1 The 5th split was January 2013. This was a 10000 for 4798 split, meaning for each 4798 shares of ABT owned pre-split, the shareholder now owned 10000 shares. For example, a 16000 share position pre-split, became a 33347.2280116715 share position following the split. ABT's 6th split took place on May 2004. This was a 10000 for 9356 split, meaning for each 9356 shares of ABT owned pre-split, the shareholder now owned 10000 shares. For example, a 33347.2280116715 share position pre-split, became a 35642.6122399225 share position following the split. Anybody working at Abbott who started in 80s are ALL millionaires EVEN the low grade positions. BILLIONS MADE BY EMPLOYEES AND INVESTORS This Dog had its day and it will be a LONG LONG TIME before you see $55-60 range
    Good Luck You'll need it
    HR$$4U

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The last post is not entirely correct. MW has not been the head since 1986. There have not been 6 stock spilts since he became CEO. There have been actually 0 zero ABT stock splits since he became CEO. There have been 2 dumps of divisions such as Hospira and Abbvie. A true stock split would be a 1 for 1 ABT split.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company is solid. Wall Street loves it right now as a defensive play. Stock will be $90 by next year. BUY BUY BUY

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stock should settle to around $80 a share. The company is finally getting good press. St. Judes acquisition was brilliant. That's why Myles gets the big bucks

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 more analysts have upgraded Abbott to a "Strong Buy" Ill be adding to my position

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2019 will be record year for Abbott Laboratories. Record growth and profits will propel this company to the next level.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Happy New Year to everyone in the best company in the world. I am so appreciative of what this company has become. 2019 will be another banner year for us. I am starting my 25th year and have never been happier.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now is the time to buy!!!!!!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very precise and accurate data.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure what your point is. Stock is at $72 now and should be $75-76 when it reports on Wednesday. And yes I am here 27 years and a millionaire.