Abandon All Hope All Ye Who Enter This Place

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Feb 5, 2017 at 4:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's now official......AZ is now hell.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, not quite. But the downhill spiral has almost reached the final destination : total devastation of a once respected pharma giant.The only radar screen we show up on is that of decline, poor financial results, and far reaching "23B by 2023" promises that leaves most educated business analysts laughing.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The target was 45 for 2023 then changed to 50B for 2025. No matter it is all a pipe dream

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thought I saw it was now $10billion by 2020...keeps going down..wish I could do that with my goals?!?!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

making 45 billion by 2023 no problem. But AZ would have to merge with another company to make that happen and Their profits must be figured into that amount.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is 45 billion pesos not dollars.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While all these posts are spot on they are primarily driven by views from the US market. I was displaced/retired last year and consider myself lucky since life is so much better now. The US is a major market but not the only market. These decisions ,while insensitive and poor, represent a marketing strategy beyond our scope of comprehension. Best advice i can give is get out as soon as you can. Look now not later. The days of the big pensions, bonuses and raises are over.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is a little cheat sheet to strongly consider. If you:

Just started at AZ ................................................................. Get out now.
    If you are between 28 and 52 years old................................ Start looking for another job NOW
    If you are within 4-6 months of having 10 years
    in and think you can make it across the finish line.................Stay (you will probably regret it)
    If you are 59 1/2 and have some money squirreled away......Start looking for another job NOW
    If you are near Social Security Retirement age
    or beyond................................................................................You are the most dangerous person in the room.

By now you should have received the email detailing how you are going to get screwed on your bonus. Oncology is the exception as they are the fair haired children (for now or at least until Mystic is released).

At the end of the day is there really a reason to stay in this hell hole?

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have not received email about bonus yet?!? Which division?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source here. There has been a cost cutting strategy in place since 2008 to begin eliminating all Zeneca legacy employees who qualify for the legacy pension. Like Guantanamo, they are down to just a few dozen remaining. After this next phase of cuts, they will be down to zero and will have completed their goal.
    Over 50, Legacy Zeneca who qualify for the defined pension, they are at the highest risk of all and it won't matter who you know, how many awards you have won, or what division you are working in and that includes executive level personnel.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i used to think that was BS except that with this 700 person layoff completed on Friday there are many that fell into that category.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what do you mean by " the most dangerous person in the room"?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bring it on! Im legacy and I can assure you -waiting for our turn to take the package is the only thing we legacy folks are doing at this point. Why do you think we're still mulling about in this God forsakenn place anyway? We know it, it only makes sense to stay here until our corporate welfare ends. Im pissed it didnt happen to me the last go around. So your point is falling on deaf ears.You should direct your advice to those who have been here 10 -15 years.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You got that right! Thank Jesus i left in November and missed the Biverspi brain washing!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then you are about to get your wish.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many years qualify you for legacy?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did anyone hear about the Awards Ceremony that was held recently? This is great. Awards were given out to members of project groups that managed to survive the layoffs in December. No acknowledgement whatsoever to those that were laid off but did almost all of the hard work that made the projects successful. How do you put up PP slides with the winners names and not list the names of those that did the work but got screwed? The survivers all got cash awards too! What a slap in the face.....but then again...just standard proceudre for this morally corrupt company!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nothing new. I've been here a long time, and this has been going on for as long as I can remember. Look no further than COE winners for concrete proof. I have a feeling that even if those individuals were still with AZ, their names wouldn't be on that PPT slide. Favoritism and ass kissing is how we get credit here.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true...and for some, sex certainly helps.