A WEEK AFTER THANKSGIVING!!

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Above poster you are wrong. It seems you may be the OP of this thread and I will be the first to say, congratulations!! You were dead on. However, cuts next year will be made "A WEEK AFTER CHANNUKA" better get those dreidels spinning people. Latkes for all!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

same thing to happen a week after thanksgiving 2011...... Guaranteed!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with above poster. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. We have just only experienced phase one of a two part cut. Novartis would not spend the dollars on a "consultant firm" to simply help with one year of bottom line numbers. They are looking at the long range picture.

Think of it, after 2011 we lose Diovan, Exforge and Reclast. That leaves the "chronic care team" with the Tekturna family and Exelon patch. There are 4 to 6 reps a pod. Look to these numbers being cut in half. Heard an upper level myself say that Novartis polled the doctors and they want it back to the old way of selling were the new that "John Doe" was their "Novartis" rep and not 6 different people. And it was said that Novartis agrees with this observation.

Launches? Pipeline? Seeing is believing. At this point, many of us are very skeptical of anything corporate has to say.

So, what to do? Ride it out, enjoy your flexibility and keep your chin up. For when one door is closed, a new one will open. Blessings to you all!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed with the above poster. I cannot wait to see what happens in a year.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A chop chop here, a chop chop there, a chop chop everywherrrre.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok when will the next round happen?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same time next year if not sooner. There is still to many reps. It is obvious with all of the patents expiring. 4-5 reps per pod is still to many. You will see 5 go to 3 and 4 go to 2 within the year. If your counterpart leaves dont count on them hiring for that position this year. Another 500-1000 gone by end of next year. Many of you were correct, this was phase 1. Even with the new copd drug there will not be enough for chronic care, the only saving grace will be if chronic care gets copd and the new anti-depressant slated for next year. Even with those there will be no need for 5 reps. Neuro/psych will be hit hard again next year with most of the drugs going off patent. Expect Fanapt to be scrapped.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find this very interesting. Compare the message above to the message that states the week after Labor Day. We know what happened December 2nd. I am afraid folks that there is going to be another blood bath very similar to last year's layoffs.

Don't panic - great things may come to those that are let go from this company. I have witnessed it from several of my old counterparts that were let go last December.