A Sincere Letter to those considering pharma sales as a "career"

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Nov 29, 2011 at 1:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's a GREAT job (not career) IF you are the last one standing after the cuts...money, life style, company benefits, low pressure demands are unbelievable compared to majority of real sales jobs out there.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True! Real sales is a sign on the line!! Imagine asking our doctors to shell out hundred or thousands every month on your products.

Yep, these are they same guys who are so cheap they wont buy their own staff a lunch.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When you consider the amount of actual work we do per day, this might be the highest paying job per hour outside of some professional sports. If you doubt it, get a stopwatch and run it only when you are with customers then add up the time for the day/week.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like a typical clinic lunch. The coke v Pepsi line is classic.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hilarious ! Should be required viewing prior to signing your life away to big pharma for every person.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this video pretty much sums up what pharma "sales" has turned into…the companies brought this upon themselves, when they decided to sell sex instead of science…

I could not take anymore of the charade…that is why I quit and walked away from it all…

I miss the money but the job was a joke...

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The original post was put out here four years ago but it's still worth commenting on.

It's what's you cant see below the surface with just about any job, and that's the crux of the issue. On the surface, a "career" as in pharma sales does appear to be glamorous. Someone with zero experience see's a nicely dressed Rep driving a newer car and is told "they make good money." Hell, I'd bite on that too.

But what about snarling office hogs? What about declining physician access? What about CTL's with their heads up their asses? What about the constant layoff's? I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point. Like anything else there's the good, the bad, and in pharma sales, there's the ugly too. Nobody ever tells a prospective rep about that.

I once took a job in an unrelated field because it looked so good on the surface. The ugliness drove me right out of it, and unvoluntarily I might add. Same shit can/does happen in pharma. Caveat Emptor!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looking back and re-reading some of the posts in this thread, there is definitely a boatload of horseshit.

Statements like "It takes a toll on your soul", or my personal fave,"Soul draining work." Just exactly what is "soul draining"?? Fuck that bullshit! Knock off trying to be a poet laureate and just say it like it is.

If lying/cheating on your expense reports bothers your inner sense of what's right and what's wrong, (your conscience) then say that! Euphemisms (substituting a vague expression for another considered to be too blunt or harsh) suck. Tell 'em the straight up. So what if they they think your crass. Too fuckin' bad for them if they cant see what a favor you just did for them.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The biggest frustration for me is that there is so little work of any value that we can actually do. Fifteen years ago we had to prioritize our day. Now we can only try to look busy. New, significant medications are what gives us purpose and keeps us relevant to our customers. Without that, we are treading water. Bottom line, if we had value, we would have access.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ok

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, bring in the lunch early at 11:30 AM, cows come grazing thru, "Yes it's Diet Coke, no they didn't have Pepsi products-maybe next time"...now its pushing after 1pm no sign of any 'target doc' ,, nurse finally pops in to get plate for 'her' doc with the thanks but 'he's reaaallly busy' line...barely leaves you anytime to pickup those smoothies for the 3pm window drop for a signature.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ABBVIE FRAUD WATCHING U :D TROLL

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's ridiculous how fat ass these whores are and to think they are mean to thin fit chicks who work their ass off to stay that way. She did them a favor by taking back their muffins. She should of taken a cattle prod and poked their buts to the stairs and made them go up and down it about twenty times. That would teach them to say please and thank you if they didn't die of heart failure first.
    Moooooo mooooo says the cow!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Speaking of lunch, I just arrived at the clinic and am completely famished. Please double up on the quantitys for today. Come early and please don't sit at the table. Remember that the Doctor wants kosher and Shirley wants low sodium.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Awesome....I'll send over some bacon cheeseburgers from the supermarket deli... To be delivered on the company dime.
    Sorry, we're coming to the end of the year and there's just not enough cash for anything other than burgers and pizza. The delivery joint appears to be out of anything close to low sodium. But don't worry I think they passed their last health inspection. I think that whole feces thing was just a farce.the news had to have something to report. Since I'm out of samples, I won't need a signature. The doc has called a few times complaining. Just tell him I hope to make it by before Passover and that hopefully he'll stop schvetzing or sweating or whatever that condensation thing all over his face is...See you soon and gave a blessed week!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest