A Real Review of Applied Medical for Job Seekers

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Dec 3, 2012 at 4:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn't agree more. I did see him smile once. Threw off the rest of my day, I couldn't concentrate. It was a fake smile while trying to appease an angry customer but a smile none the less. Here's the thing, he doesn't cost the company anything to keep around. Instead of investing in actual leaders, they pay him half what a talented Director would make. I just hate that he plays favorites, he ran a ton of good people off and kept around or promoted the ones that kissed up.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard he is no longer around...

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Easiest way to summarize, stay away! For the love of God, stay away. Nothing good comes from working here. NOTHING!
    You will be told lies to get you to come on board, which management openly admits that they do. You'll sell nothing but commodity products, which your competition has better equivalents. You may get some small wins but not because your product is better clinically, you're just better priced. But over time you won't be able to grow that business because your own company drops the price on products. This is done so they can claim they have X% of market share in whatever bucket they want to try to claim. But you get dinged because they've undercut your earnings. Now, the DM or ZD that reads this will say "but we pay on units". But you have to massively grow those units to get paid the peanuts that the jacked up comp plan alludes to. Oh, and wait for the undecipherable commission statement and CRM tool they give you. When you can't figure it out, ask your DM. They won't know either. They'll try to talk to the ZD, who won't respond because they don't know it any better. The ZD will claim to have it all figured out (right Molly?) but is just as clueless as the fucktards who designed it.
    In short, for the love of God, say no to their offer. Ask them to show you the compensation plan up front and what your anticipated earnings will be. Then ask them to do the math with you. It can't be done! They make the earning portion up to get you hooked but no one makes that amount in the open territories - which is exactly why they're open.
    Now you might say, they're growing and people are being promoted. Sure, they are promoting - through attrition! And growing? Don't be fooled. They're out interviewing all the time because people are leaving in droves. But when you get promoted to DM or ZD with ZERO management training or real experience, all that you've done is hung on long enough in this cesspool to get new title. Yep, new title but not more money. Don't you love that?! Ultimately you'll hate it here, want to leave in a year or so but won't be able to because no legitimate company wants to hire you from Applied.
    So again, do you and your career a huge favor and choose the other opportunity. Applied is a career killer.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will argue one point of this. Yes, I agree that it's a terrible company with tons of lies. Management is poor at best. Most people are out for themselves and will throw you under the bus at the first opportunity. However, some companies know all this and look favorably because if you can put up with Applied, you can deal with anything. Some of those companies are pretty good places to work. When I was looking, I'd often get the response of, "how did you put up with that company for so long"..

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I almost joined the PNW team. Sounds like I dodged a bullet by not joining. It was presented to me as a very strong team, but something seemed off. What was your impression of the DM and ZD?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously? You made a career decision based on what you read on an anonymous message board?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When it comes to Applied Medical, everything on this board is accurate. EVERYTHING.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Except for what you just wrote

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for that response Grosshans

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hahaha! Are Dennis Grosshans and his clown lackey Dave McElroy his boy still putzing along losing business qtr after qtr? It's been years since I left that hellhole but I'm glad to see this company is still lying about its products, compensation and everything else one can think of. I never understood why they insist on lying. Did anyone ever win the lawsuits against this for wrongful termination? Or are they still litigating?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course they still fight it in court. They have their reputation to uphold, after all.
    I'd have to imagine that, in typical Applied fashion, they twist the truth to make it work in their favor. They'll claim they've never lost in court. But settling a claim with the defendants isn't losing, in their view. Just like they've never laid anyone off either... because they fire people under shady circumstances. Or had recalls. They're just extended backorders.
    It's all semantics in the eyes of Said and the people in RSM.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true. It's the shell game. It's like watching these political debates. It's all lies or word interpretations. I know for a fact that Applied has terminated dozens of employees w/o cause in most cases (they of course argue it was justified but I don't know any companies that don't even put you in some kind of plan), but even more have left on their own accord b/c it is such a horrid and wretched place to work.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When you were hired you signed a document (that is the same document every company has) that says you can leave at any time without providing notice or a reason and you can be terminated any time without notice or a reason. It's too bad it didn't work out for you. I've been here a while and I like it. It works well for me.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

youre either a) one of Said's minions/puppet monkeys b) one of the losers who cleans up the shit from Said's camels or c) u can't get a job anywhere else. The point of the post above is that every other REAL and REPUTABLE medical device company puts those flailing on a PIP plan to at lease give that individual the courtesy to find another job. No wonder everyone and their mother hates your company.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry, try again. I've been at a number of other device companies and I can tell you they have the same policy.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then you've been at some really shitty companies. Companies that have a legitimate HR department want documentation to justify terminations or they open themselves up to lawsuits. And having also been at a few other device companies, including one of our competitors, they operate completely different than Applied.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course every company collections documentation to justify why someone is terminated. It doesn't mean it's shared with that person. How do you think Applied defends themselves from all the frivolous crap that ex reps file against them because the company hurt their feelings?

And you're right, US Surg and JJ were shitty companies I was with previously.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Inside scoop is Said is getting ready to sell. Look at all the real estate he's unloading, the lack of R&D, the drop in focus on sales, and the "i could care less" attitudes of senior management. The nimrods like DG, JD, GJ, etc have completely lost focus and are just buying their time until they can ride their golden parachutes into the sunset. I recently just left for Medtronic and can tell you Applied Medical is sinking faster than the Titanic and would tell anyone looking here to run in the opposite direction as fast as you can. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a mass layoff in the coming year or 2 because Applied has been losing sales revenue at an exhorbitant rate. Throw in the lack of conversions from the products that were supposed to be their saving grace, and one can clearly see that hail mary pass fell about 20 yds short of the endzone.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sadly, I can see this being true. I remember I was on a ride along with my old boss one time and we saw the applied rep trailing the specimen retrieval bags, lol yes you heard me right. Anyway, my boss said if he can put up with Applied he can probably put up with any company in the industry. Doesn't mean he's a good sales rep but I do understand what he was saying.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True. Even the hospitals in my area are trying to get rid of their trocars which we all saw coming because they realized there so cheap. The balloon ones work fine but the others are awful and it's awkward in the OR when the surgeon is bitchin about them.