A medimar problem has arisen

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by Vagitarian, Jan 6, 2015 at 11:30 AM.

1. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

While I'm certainly against criminalization of pot, I think perhaps some industry standards need to be set. When I smoked routinely back in the 70s, it was a just a nice buzz, music became poetic, colors were richer, sex was more luscious. A few years ago, a friend opened a dispensary and when I visited, he gave me brownies, cookies and some buds. I was on a business trip in wine country and ate a quarter of a brownie to relax for bed. I didn't feel it so ate another quarter. Within 15 minutes I was so high it was actually a bit frightening except that having used this stuff before, I knew it would wear off. So I spent the next 2 hours just waiting for it to be over. My point is, alcohol comes in a variety of strengths: 3.2 beer, strong beer, 14 % wine, 80 proof liquor, 100 proof and 120 proof. If an inexperienced teenager starts slamming shots of 120 proof Knob Creel single barrel whisky, ER visits are just around the corner. Likewise if inexperienced teens start eating killer bud, untoward things will start happening. We have our cards, we grow, but we are very careful to pick a strain we're familiar with and me - I'm a one hit wonder. She on the other hand, takes a few. It's all about knowing what you can handle and my point is, maybe we need to be more careful labeling what we're dispensing- otherwise - this whole thing may backfire and when the antiabortionists take over, legal marijuana will be taken off the table. Any thoughts?
    https://www.yahoo.com/health/surge-in-marijuana-ills-causes-cries-for-stricter-107307309887.html

2. tinkrbelle

tinkrbelle Well-Known Member

the pot today is not the same pot as yesterday. It has gotten much stronger, and the street stuff is laced with many different drugs. the DEA comes into my kids high school every year to warn them of the dangers of street pot. Even though I don't live in CO, I worry that the sale of pot in brownies etc will get into kids hands. I think the industry should be regulated, with laws put into place to control certain aspects.

I was all for legalization, but now I am not sure. I was in a legal state recently, and everywhere I went, pot smoke was there. It is as annoying as cigarette smoke when you don't want to breathe it in.

3. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

Exactly - and I'm still for legalization but good grief, street pot 'can be' as dangerous as street alcohol (homemade). Some of that shit can blind you. It shouldn't be a crime but we need to get a handle on it or the backlash will ruin it.

4. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust the Dirtbags from the DEA, any more than I trust Al Sharpton. They are VERY HEAVILY invested, in the phony "War on Drugs."

5. Breakingnews

Breakingnews Well-Known Member

The jeanie is out of the bottle and the current 'powers that be' will follow the money trail. Colorado made 34 million last year from pot sales last year and the potential for other states is as good, if not better.

There needs to be some sort of 'control' and warnings as regards to the various strains and edibles. The industry needs to take the lead and self regulate when these issues come up, before the 'anti-everything' crowd wakes up and tries to muck it all up, just as they have the entire cesspool that in called D.C.