A.A. Makes us miss kids' first day of school for August Meetinh

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Even Keeled, May 9, 2016 at 8:54 PM.

1. Even Keeled

Even Keeled new user

Is it me, or does Novartis not care about employees' work/life balance? We all make sacrifices for our jobs. Some bigger than others, and it's just accepted as part of our responsibility for providing for our families.... however, some sacrifices can easily be avoided if Novartis even appreciated its employees. The August meeting our VP just announced happens to land during the week when about 85% of US's kids will have their first day of school. It's generally known that school starts sometime in mid to late August in this country, right? Yet Novartis is making many of us miss our kids' first day of preschool, or kindergarten....or the milestone where our kids nervously have their first day of high school. Possibly even missing the day you get to drive your kids down to college for that new chapter in their life. All moments that we cannot get back. Things that happen ONCE. But the brilliant AA decides that August 15th is when all of us should fly across the country for a meeting that could easily be held the first week in August, or the second week in September, or ANY OTHER WEEK that is NOT when all our kids have an important milestone that will not happen again. Moments like this are bigger than birthdays, anniversaries, etc. but Novartis is too hateful of its employees to care. We are working so hard to get Entresto off the ground, and we are rewarded with this

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last meeting fell over Spring Break
    They don't care:mad:

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AA doesn't pick the dates, her sales ops person does.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could not agree more . Tired of all this but hey it's "all hands on deck" ... Just making people more miserable

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about those taking kids to college that's the same
    Week for us. Just going to tell them I will be late to the meeting ... Sorry family first

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just go get another job then. I have missed some of my son's events, however I have also attended most events, there's a sacrifice sometimes...if you work an 8-5 job, like many office employees, do you really think they all get off work for a first day of school? If the first day of school is that important to you, request that Vacation Day off now!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Done and not approved that's the point jackass . There is a laundry list of sacrifices made for this company .

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You work everyday with the freedom to take your kids to school, getting out later, pick them up from school, getting off early, leaving the territory early so you can go to recitals or ball games, all while enjoying full time pay. If anything, Novartis has a very family friendly work environment.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What division and region do you work in that you get away with that? I can assure you that's not happening in mine.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with the previous poster. We would be terminated if we were to take time off during the work day. Our manager has "observed" us in the territory, and their are team mates that would rat eachother out for a dime. They are only concerned with keeping their jobs, and the more under the gun, the better. I have no problem working a full day, but certainly resent those lazy reps who give a bad name to the entire industry

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you are seeing 6 doctors a day everyday yeah right. You have a part time job clown. I hate reps who say how hard I am working I have no free time. Stop the BS please.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clearly you didn't read thoroughly. The poster wasn't whining about working so hard and having no free time. The comment was about bagging out of work during the day to go to your kids activities. I can assure you that not all reps do that. As a matter of fact, many work through lunch with their customers on a daily basis and put in 10 to 14 LEGITIMATE calls a day. Do expense reporting at night or on weekends as well as istudy. The timing of the meeting stinks if you have a family. If you take a look at the females in upper management many do not have children. It's a sacrifice they've made and they can't relate. To say that we have a part time job is an insult to those of us who are working our asses off to launch a drug and have leadership that's hyper focused on metrics. Take your part time job and enjoy it. Sounds like you're a lazy rep.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen to the above poster. I have heard all these years about the "part time job" in pharma. It is only a small number of losers that hang their success on their hard working partners--most of us work hard and earn our paychecks

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The original point was that we all make sacrifices for our career on a regular basis, kids or NO kids. That's a choice we make in order to support our families and our future. Nobody is saying anyone should get preferential treatment just because they have kids. The point however, is that there are many other weeks that meeting could have easily been planned for. they could have very easily picked a week where more than HALF this country did not have its schools starting. It is general knowledge that schools start during mid to late August into 1st week of September. It COULD HAVE VERY EASILY BEEN AVOIDED without hurting anything by simply planning it 2 weeks before or after, and it would safe a lot of angst. Personally, I use my vacation days specifically for events like this, including school field trips.... I've missed birthdays, anniversaries, etc. for meetings...all understandable when you have a career and part of upholding your responsibilities. But this was AVOIDABLE and affects probably 60-70% of the work force if not more, and it's something you can't ever get back. 1st day of kindergarten, high school, college....all happen ONCE. THERE WAS NO LOGICAL ABSOLUTE NEED TO HAVE THE MEETING DURING A TIME WHEN ALL SCHOOLS ARE STARTING.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jesus Christ call in sick, doctors note, bam problem solved. o_O PS kindegarten? lol highly overrated, they'll go to school 179 other days for 13 years straight

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

right. Call in sick for a week long National sales meeting in a different state, which would mean going on disability.....Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans. It's the little things that make life all worth it

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed!! People don't get it.
    Driving my daughter to college to move in to dorms for her freshman year....Not missing that

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In 2 weeks no one will care about some stupid meeting & if a dcotor deems you sick, hey you work for a "healthcare company" right? Patients first? & no if you had say a flu & missed 3-4 days that's not disability BTW If on friday the last day of the meeting your boss tells you to come for the final day lol then go. If not hit the field. Oh & while you're stressing just realize sooner rather than later whether you attend these retarded meetings or not you'll be laid off anyway. What like 65-75% of field sales has been churned & re-churned?
    Even if your manager doesn't like it, it's not like they can legally ding you on a review for health issues unless they want yet another lawsuit (which they're probably stupid enough to incur)