A 2nd rate company with a yoga class is still a 2nd rate company!

Discussion in 'Solstas Lab Partners' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2013 at 8:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they have advanced degrees then they wouldn't be doing that job or they have some sort of mental problem that prevents them from holding down a real job. Get real, anyone and I mean anyone who has an advanced degree would not be working as a courier unless they had SERIOUS problems. There are WAY too many other jobs that they could get that pay a lot more than a couriers position.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great position for a retiree, many of whom have advanced degrees. To demean them shows a complete lack of respect for fellow human beings.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or, does it show how Account Executives and all of Sales in this company truly feels about us "lowly" couriers and phlebos?

The demeaning attitude is really how they all feel while they're all kicked back bringing in the big bucks! What has your sales rep ever done for you?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But isn't this what this message board is about, hiding behind the screen tossing chicken-$#!T comments at everyone? People posting these comments have no respect for others. They are just whining and walking around with their hands out saying gimmie gimmie gimmie. It's called a job - get to it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be from Mars or "have some sort of mental problem". I have two graduate degrees and cannot find a job in the science field. I have friends with PhDs in such lofty fields as virology and molecular biology who cannot find jobs. I envy you. It must be nice to be able to walk around in a coma and exclude the real world.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You people are getting all worked up and you don't even know of the person stirring the pot is an employee or a competitor. Maybe that does speak to the IQ of some people on here or how naive they are. People like to jerk others chain all the time especially a competitor. Ask yourself this question, does this sound like it could be true and I'd it isn't then don't worry about it. I do know that the part about solstas being primed for being sold makes a ton of sense and I think everyone knows this.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does it sound legit that morale is horribly low because couriers and phlebotomists did not get a pay raise this year? YES

Did they eliminate my 401k match which cost me another $1,000 this year? YES

Did my benefits cost go up? YES

is it true that Sales is overpaid? YES

Are they desperate to sell Solstas? I think so

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make sure to shoot your local Account Executive an e-mail and thank them for sucking the cash out of our company!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2nd rate? More like 3rd rate!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, there going another walking brain doner. Why are you blaming the rep since its management that agrees to pay that amount. It's the same in sports, what player is going to turn down pay that is more than they should receive? ARe you telling us that if they offered you $120,000 to be a courier you would say "N, that's too much money for my job"? Get real. If you want that kind of money yourself then change job and become a sales rep. The market determines what the pay scale is for most jobs. If we could all throw a baseball 90 mph and hit the catchers glove every time then more of us would be earning 10 plus million a year but we can't and neither can 99.99999 of the population whichis why they get paid millions each year and picking up specimens and driving a car pays a lot less. The market has determined that top reps get paid a lot more than being a courier so if you don't like it go do something else that does pay what you want.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The misspellings and weak baseball analogy scream 'this was written by a CAR of MINE'

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a sales rep I'm saddened that someone would demean our couriers. Sad!!!
    Some reps might be making good money but not all. I would refrain from generalizing and throwing all reps in the asshole pot.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some how it seems that the corporate culture has lost sight of the fact that in order to be successful you must have a team effort. The team is sales, CRSs, couriers, phlebotomists, IT, med tech and other technical and administrative personnel. If you fail in any of these areas then you will not succeed, regardless of the efforts of others. Unfortunately those with marketable skills, and those who are tired of the lack of leadership are leaving at an alarming rate. At this point there just seems to be a lot of very unproductive finger pointing coming from all directions.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post has hit the nail on the head. No one seems to want to listen. I have never heard of or have worked with an organization that is so "non team focused"

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Phlebotomist hiring freeze is a very bad sign for our physicians business. What the heck is going on with our company?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I now think that the investors behind SLP want huge financial losses for tax purposes or something. It is the only logical explanation that I can come up with to explain what appears to this ex SLP (Valdosta) employee, the seemingly purposeful ruining of a successful area reference laboratory. If SLP can be sold, the buyers will be buying junk.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a very good question. Why did they buy DLI just to run it into the ground?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At 2:15 p.m., should you not be working?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At 2:15 p.m., should you not be working?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe the poster is on a yoga break and surfing the web.