80% of sigs from top 20 docs?

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, May 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw a review on glassdoor.com from a rep saying that Forest wants something like 80% of your sigs from the top 20 or 20% docs. Which in turn, with 3 reps in a team has these docs getting all 3 Forest reps all over him/her weekly.

seems asinine at best

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to sample 70% of all your drs and call on 80% 'A' targets. You have a ton of A targets but many are no see or lunch only so plan accordingly. Basically, get all drs to sign for one bottle of your drug and move on. This may work if you didn't work with 5 other people calling on pretty much the same offices but you do so enjoy!

I used to wonder how every one could be so miserable and bitter at a company but after working here for a year, I understand.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep, i used to sell a few years ago. actually enjoyed it and performed well. now for the past few years all i do is track A calls per day and signature percentage. I keep a spreadsheet on my computer to calculate both. sad but true. got a partner who tries to puff up his sample percentage by getting alot of non targets to sign and not logging it as a call. that way he can log office call -no signature on the A targets but keep the sample percentage higher.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what an original idea. that's the latest spin. I'm sure DMs are embracing it as such a great plan. bottom line.......Just get to work mule!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah...i havent exactly included my DM on that particular strategy. And this mule would love to sell, as stated in the post. But as long as all I am evaluated on are A calls and signatures then thats what I will address. And don't give me the shizzat about if your numbers are good nobody cares about the metrics. Thats an urban legend. They always look at it and they always judge you by it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wrote that review on GD (assuming you are talking about the most recent one) and as someone else said, no matter what your numbers are, you will need to keep your sampling and A targets up. My main product is in the top 10% and others in top 20%, not that it means anything due to teammates and while my DM used to think this was great and wanted us to sell, our RD made him get our sampling up so he got fed up and quit. He got laid off in big pharma after many years as a DM and couldn't take the forest culture so quick in less than a year.

Sigs are king at Forest, get them and you will be praised. With Sentara and such, you have to get B targets to sign and go unrecorded and than record your A target calls with no disbursement. Docs you know well will sign for both vouchers and samples in the same call so another way to boost your sampling.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW! I've been gone for several years now and can't believe Forest hasn't seen the light and still treats their people like shit. What a bunch of dumbass leadership. So glad to be working elsewhere making tons more money and working about the same hours; 30/week.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW! Let's see who is the real loser?

Years after leaving the company and still trolls the FRX site? You.
    People that can't deal with getting fired? You.
    Past employees that say they make 500,000 a year and not spend more than 10 hours doing it? You.

Yes the answer is YOU.

By the way FRX is doing just fine....even after you left.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a prime example of a bitter 28 year old Forest manager who has two years experience in a "specialty" position and one year experience at enterprise. Keep drinking that kool aid. This company is launching soooo many new products every year. Too bad they are all failures...Daliresp, VB, Savella, Linzess...Namenda XR...keep telling yourself Drs will prescribe Namenda XR when generic memantine becomes available. When Namenda goes Forest goes.... this company is done

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FU loser DM!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wrong on all points sparky. Good sales people sell. Losers whine about why they can't. Having a blast taking the cash from losers.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

shhhh.....moms may hear you talk like that upstairs. All I can say is you make this job easy. The comp plan exposes people like this. It is why a good sales rep can make bank with attitudes like this one.

big bank takes little bank.....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

let me guess......rank of 489?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is as accurate as they come! .... and exactly why Forest is such a f**d up company to work for and has 30% turnover. Will they ever learn .......

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, that's me checking the board after all these years out of curiousity.
    No, I wasn't fired; I quit after 6 years of watching numbnuts like you trying to be a bigboy manager.
    No, I only make $150k and I work 30-40 hours/wk but enjoy it immensely because I work with real professionals and intelligent leaders in a related industry.

Glad to know FRX is doing just fine even after I've left ... it sounds like it. Now, go drink some koolaid mixed up by your upper management and don't forget to make sure your reps get all the right signatures and use all the closing statements you taught them because that is sure to produce results.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there always rep openings in northeast it's a revolving door up here

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agree agree agree. the threads always disappear but look no further than TDB in carolinas. The joke of the industry based on her history and her approach as a newly crowned DM queen. This NM XR 'launch' should be hilarious.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does this even say???? This is the kind of asshole that works for and defends Forest on CP.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question here.... How do you get a B target to sign & not record the call? I'm getting banged on for my A target % getting out of balance with my B target %. So if you can explain exactly what to do, it sounds like it might solve my problem. (Btw, I'm ranked in the top 10% and very tenured. Yes, I have a young manager and this is what it has come too). I just recently figured out the double signature for samples & vouchers by an A target but haven't had enough time to see if it works.

Anyway, please explain the B target sig but how do I not record it as a call & still get credit?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Troll here, have the day off. Just for your guys info...the entire industry is shifting away from signatures as a form of eval. My company has it's faults but we now work on an account system. One visit to an office is a call whether you see a doc, sample, speak to staff etc... The ONLY thing that counts is sales. It is the only system that actually moves business. Sounds likes Forest didn't get the memo.