80,000 Novartis Paychecks $$$

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by ADP, Mar 27, 2016 at 7:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. ADP

ADP Guest

Are there even 80,000 doctors? did the same tombstones that vote & get IRS refunds also get NVS checks? soooo 80,000 checks = what like 500,000 attendees? How many x did it take to learn about CV drugs? These must be some pretty dimbulb docs! Canada's standing army is only 66,000, you can fund them for a year instead so bjorn's taxes can be reduced

The U.S. is asking Novartis for records of 80K "sham" events for doctors
    Mar 27 2016, 12:07 ET | About: Novartis AG (NVS) | By: SA Eli Hoffmann, SA News Editor [​IMG]

In a filing Friday, the Manhattan U.S. Attorney said it needs Novartis (NYSE:NVS) to provide information about a decade's worth of doctor events that the US AGclaims were shams.

The government claims Novratis provided illegal kickbacks to health-care providers through bogus educational programs at high-end restaurants and sports bars where the drugs were barely discussed.

“The requested documents go to the core issues in this case: whether educational materials were provided at these events; which doctors actually attended the events; how much money was spent on meals and honoraria; and indeed, most fundamentally, whether the underlying documentation shows that a particular event actually took place,” it said in its filing.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

During the same time they probably created 80,000 unemployment checks too :rolleyes:

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And Q1 results will come out and they'll blame Alcon for not making them any money......

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is why they can't launch drugs because instead of allowing professionals to build & sell upon long term relationships & sound data

Leadership only knows to shove useless metrics down your throat & bucketloads of promotional $ & in todays reality

you can't blatantly direct an army of churned & re churned barbie dolls to hand out 80,000 checks . Besides doctors aren't jumping for joy at ending up on pro publica lists

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Follow these guidelines? What do reps have to say?

"In 2003, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) released guidance to ensure compliance with the federal Anti-Kickback Statute, which prohibits any form of payment intended to induce or reward referral of patients covered by federal health insurance.

Under these rules, cocktail service is forbidden and beer/wine should only be consumed during dinner. Total spending per physician cannot exceed $125."

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have you ever heard anyone fired for going over $125? If a director is at dinner is there still a limit? Do they check to see if someone orders a cocktail?

Where did you find this quoted information?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck with your cpr programs this week.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old Geigy Rep here...

Everyone that worked here in the 2000's while I was on board knows that this crooked shit absolutely happened. Those budgets we were forced to spend on a monthly basis became nothing more than paying the doctors to write. I wasn't around long, because I knew it was wrong, and knew that these jobs weren't going to last, because they brought absolutely ZERO value to the physicians. And who needed the waves of reps filling their sample cabinets every day anyways?
    Not long after I left I'm pretty sure 75 percent of the pod had been let go through cut backs.

What a joke, I hope Novartis goes down in flames.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You people are screwed if the government wins this lawsuit! Not only will it tarnish your reputation but your bonus and benefits will be cut to bay for it.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It stills happens today at EVERY pharma company!!!! They force us to spend money on totally useless "speaker programs", when we all know they are buying prescriptions! I hope they rip Novartis a new asshole!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you read the article novartis is REFUSING to hand over the documents requested including roundtables & you remember those roundtables were a lavish joke as well. If they're innocent why not let the govt see the programs? How funny will it be to see phony attendee sheets, same docs over & over & over & over. Yeah they needed 10 years of paid speaking to learn how diovan & lotrel worked ( & god knows how many speaker programs from other drug co's about the same class of drugs) & who is the moron that says this will taint reps? What an idiot. Reps are forced to do this & who gives a shit about bonus when blatant fraud & influence peddling is occuring & defrauding our healthcare system? Douchbag! Pharma days are numbered!!!!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ahhh, the good old days. You bet we paid docs to show up and write. And what about NCN docs? Another payday. I know one doc that used us as a second income, lol. Now I wish I had brought the whistleblower lawsuit so I could retire.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

just the notion of that many programs is obscene:mad:

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen to that!! I remember those days as well. It was all considered part of the "honest" promotion of the product......but as previously stated on this board, why is it that it took nearly 12 -15 years for the doctors and other health care professionals to understand how to prescribe Diovan and all it's "children?" HUMMM? Should have sent up a red flag a long time ago. What a joke Novartis has become, Hell! the whole damn industry for that matter! Pathetic!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well this YouTube documentary might explain why it took 12 years & 80,000 programs to educate novartis attendees & speakers on diovan & lotrel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4FgN_8IvKE

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It has to do with intent- if realistically you had RSVPs for 10 and only 5 showed up and you guaranteed the restaurant- technically that isn't your fault-

However if you knowingly guaranteed that with the knowledge only 5 would show you'd be on the hook- however there is no way to prove it

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you saying the documents were faked to appear as if more people attended than actually did? If that's the case then it's easy to know intent is & that was to comit fraud. Duh. :rolleyes:

19. Gobble Gobble o_O

Business| Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:21pm EDT
    Exclusive: Novartis investigating $85 million bribery allegations in Turkey

An anonymous whistleblower has accused Swiss drugmaker Novartis (NOVN.S) of paying bribes in Turkey through a consulting firm to secure business advantages worth an estimated $85 million, according to a Feb. 17 email seen by Reuters.

The alleged benefits, which Novartis confirmed it was investigating, included getting medicines added to lists, or formularies, of drugs approved for prescription in government-run hospitals, and avoiding price cuts in other countries by securing government approval to change the names of two drugs.

The anonymous sender's 5,000-word email to Novartis Chief Executive Joe Jimenez and Srikant Datar, chairman of its audit and compliance committee, said Novartis had paid Alp Aydin Consultancy the equivalent of $290,000 plus costs during 2013 and 2014, before the Turkish Social Security Institution (SSI) launched an investigation, leading the drugmaker to end the association.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

who's going to jail?