60 Minutes

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2014 at 8:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[​IMG]
    Here is what liberal success looks like.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seek and ye shall find.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the imagination of futures within a non-linear, continuously evolving system from a linear-analytic perspective is a recipe for distress.

that is your problem, not mine.

our common problem though:

Anthropogenic climate change is now beyond dispute...there is a growing convergence towards a ‘2 °C guardrail’ approach, that is, containing the rise in global mean temperature to no more than 2 °C above the pre-industrial level. Our proposed climate boundary is based on two critical thresholds that separate qualitatively different climate-system states. It has two parameters: atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide and radiative forcing (the rate of energy change per unit area of the globe as measured at the top of the atmosphere). We propose that human changes to atmospheric CO2 concentrations should not exceed 350 parts per million by volume, and that radiative forcing should not exceed 1 watt per square metre above pre-industrial levels. Transgressing these boundaries will increase the risk of irreversible climate change, such as the loss of major ice sheets, accelerated sea level rise and abrupt shifts in forest and agricultural systems. Current CO2 concentration stands at [400] p.p.m.v. and the change in radiative forcing is 1.5 W m−2 (ref. 11).

There are at least three reasons for our proposed climate boundary. First, current climate models may significantly underestimate the severity of long-term climate change for a given concentration of greenhouse gases12. Most models11 suggest that a doubling in atmospheric CO2 concentration will lead to a global temperature rise of about 3 °C (with a probable uncertainty range of 2–4.5 °C) once the climate has regained equilibrium. But these models do not include long-term reinforcing feedback processes that further warm the climate, such as decreases in the surface area of ice cover or changes in the distribution of vegetation. If these slow feedbacks are included, doubling CO2 levels gives an eventual temperature increase of 6 °C (with a probable uncertainty range of 4–8 °C). This would threaten the ecological life-support systems that have developed in the late Quaternary environment, and would severely challenge the viability of contemporary human societies.

http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/2009/2009_Rockstrom_etal_1.pdf

success = achievement of goal(s) = solution, and i already offered one (of a few). maybe you have eyes and have read about it.

smarter folk than i also have some innovative ideas continuing within the constraints of the current system. maybe you want to go read up on a few, come back and ask me some more questions?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

does time stop for you when our country inevitably recedes to second tier status?

citing crooks and criminals who conspire to come to the country as exemplary of america's great exceptionalism does little to enhance your argument.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you have an opinion on Global Warming or Climate Change?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, you do acknowledge there are folks smarter than you? That's a good first step.
    Do you also know that about 95% of all computer models have been shown to be wrong when compared to actual observed results? Additionally, you do know, most if not all of these "folks smarter than you" know that increases in CO2 follow global warming, not the other way around, right? Also, while there might be a correlation between CO2 and global warming, NO SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN CAUSAL RELATIONSHIP EXISTS.

Having said all of that, let's accept your false narrative. Man-Made CO2 has caused irreversible Global Warming and will lead to human extinction. How do we fix it? In practical, REAL terms... What do we as humans have to do, to fix this problem?
    Stop driving cars? Stop eating meat? Revert back to Neanderthal lifestyles?
    PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME.... What scientifically proven changes will result in saving the human race from certain, predicted demise?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So the FACT that MORE PEOPLE BOTH LEGALLY AND ILLEGALLY, come to America, "does little to enhance" my argument?

Face it... The WORLD WANTS WHAT AMERICA HAS! The want the AMERICAN DREAM.

Got it moron?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my skepticism increases when one claims (s)he lives in the "greatest country to ever exist." it wreaks hubris of the toxic kind. pride comes before the fall, you know.

well, you might have been correct during the 90s or the 50s...and other economic "boom" periods usually in the aftermath of a great political/military victory over another great power.

so tell me, what victorious boom period is on our horizon?

if you tell me defeating islamo-fascism and embarking on a mutli-trillion dollar energy-infrastructure overhaul, then you have me sold. but, "ra ra" cheerleader drones should take note:

“Empires at the end concentrate on military force as the be all and end all of power… at the end they use more mercenary based forces than citizen based forces...

Empires at the end…go ethically and morally bankrupt… they end up with bankers and financiers running the empire, sound familiar?

So they [empires] will go out for example, when an attack occurs on them by barbarians that kills 3000 of their citizens, mostly because of their negligence, they will go out and kill 300,000 people and spend 3 trillion dollars in order to counter that threat to the status quo. They will then proceed throughout the world to exacerbate that threat by their own actions, sound familiar?…This is what they [empires] do particularly when they are getting ready to collapse...

This is what empires in decline do, they can’t even govern themselves..."

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

try to eat more regionally sourced food and reduce meat intake insomuch as your discipline allows.
    increase use of a bike and/or public transportation.
    power your home with alternative energy sources.
    plant trees.

some simple things that will test your capacity for challenges.
    no one said life was easy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And if I do this, then what? Besides looking and acting like a complete fucking drone, moron... What will these "simple things" result in? What do the "experts" say? What SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE do they offer that these actions will change anything?

See, we are back to the environmental religion again. You have ZERO PROOF this will result in any change whatsoever, but your faith drives you. Eat fish on Friday. Give up something for lent. Accept your original sin and ask for forgiveness from your priest/experts. And, beware of floods... perhaps build an Ark.

Look... just like any religion, if YOU want to do this, fine. But quit trying to Prosthelytize the rest of us. And PLEASE, quit acting like you are science-based in any way.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No hubris... just facts.

As it was once famously said, "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ANOTHER silly rambling thread starting by the NUTTER?
    The guy's psychotic.
    Why feed his narcissism.!
    Unless people just want to see him "perform" like an animal in a zoo??
    Maybe so :))

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Narcissism? So, in your liberal bubble, REALITY AND FACTS equals "narcissism"?

Keep performing "Zoo Animal". We are LOVING IT!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Isn't it feeding time?
    Or have you eaten enough shit already?
    "Facts" indeed!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Michael eats on a very regular schedule, so don't worry.
    He's quite reliable.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wish you took your anti-psychotic meds so you might quit with your Michael delusions.

Does a thread exist that you don't talk to this imaginary m/f'er?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are beyond the zoo performance.
    What comes next, no one knows.
    Except God.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

exactly.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YOU are the imaginary m/f'er.
    But sadly, you are not imaginary!!
    An actual AHole.
    Dumb and self-centered.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the origins of enlightenment are found in heresy.