42 days....Who fucking cares?

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Wonka, Sep 6, 2015 at 5:22 PM.

1. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

Keep hearing Levemir commercials bragging about 42 days. Who fucking cares? What percent of market uses 7u or less a day? Get a message that has something important in it.

This constructive criticism is brought to you by a Type 2 that uses insulin and it doesn't matter if it lasts for 42 years because I finish up a pen long before that.

2. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

I mean what a waste of paid commercial time on TV. If I was the boss, I'd fire every single motherfucker involved in that message.

Seriously, can anyone tell me the market size of people using 7u or less a day? 300u / 42 days = 7u a day. Does anyone use that little?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i find it funny that the dtc makes no mention of a "weight benefit" or less affinity to IGF-1 benefit of Lev as these were messages that the sales forces were trained on. How about that German cohort.... aka cherry picked data.

4. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

Please.....tell me. Should I switch from Lantus? I do use your Novo Log already. Tell me something important.

5. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

You know what, I got out of pharma, but I'm an R.N.

If I hear 1 single rep tell me about 42 days, I swear I will have them banned. I swear to fucking goodness.

Don't waste your client's fucking time.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work for one of Novo's competitors...but, damn you sound like a jackass.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The 42 day stability is only important for people just starting out on a VIAL, not a pen. It may be difficult for them to use up 1000IU in 30 days (Lantus vial). The extra 14 days may be important to them. Remember, not all plans pay for a pen.

8. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

Ok, fair answer.

9. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

Big time. ADHD thing.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry we didn't make a commercial just for you. I mean, the dosing didn't match what YOU take, so it must not be valid for anyone with Type 2 diabetes. Man, we should have run that commercial past YOU first, shouldn't we. Well, I guess we'll go ahead and close our doors now. With all that market share that Toujeo is grabbing up (I had 6 Rx in my territory last week -OH SHIT!! What am I going to do?), Novo might as well cash it in and get into a different market.

Thanks for coming on here and shedding light on all of this.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Doctor" glad to know all of your "patients" are 100% compliant and wouldn't need an insulin with a longer shelf life. Share your secret with all of us on how you maintain these perfect compliance rates..

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I feel bad for you. You have a very lame job...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would anyone still buy a car without airbag? How often do you use airbags? Enough said.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't even work here, I'm a diabetic that is on levemir and happen to be a drug rep too. You are very naive to think we are all 100% compliant, I know this 42 day shelf life is a big deal for me and a few other rep friends that also have diabetes.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yet, Levemir continues to gain national mkt share.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The mkt share gain is directly proportional to the money spent on our Speakers Bureau. Pharma 101

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still growing........

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, one in three docs are on our bureau and they give is 100% of their business? Hmmmm....perhaps there's more to it than that.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What if you misplace your pen? What if it rolls behind the soap dish and you find it a month later. Life happens and 42 days just gives you more wiggle room for the unforeseen.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What if you're taking enemy fire and you have a hoarde of zombies at your door, preventing you from getting to your insulin pen? That 42 days will come in handy when then end times are upon us!