2016 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by anonymous, Dec 4, 2015 at 10:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks this is very appreciated by a newbie. I never thought that management would get on here .. I feel much better now

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BTS IT layoffs/outsourcing/offshoring/salary dumping to WIPRO has started at various locations in Europe. Only a matter of time before it spreads to all sites. We need to elect Trump so he can at least try to bring a halt to these massive job losses.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Two years back when Miles said during his annual global meeting that there was no lay-offs ahead. And two weeks after, a massive lay-offs world wide happened. Now tell us why you are saying that no more lay-offs. Your stocks is telling something.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

State your name and title, lets get to know who is who.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Julio, janitor, 2nd shift.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was told by Management that there would be no layoffs. Then two months later the layoffs in my group. I called out the Manager and his Manager saying that either they were lying to keep folks calm or they did not know what was going on in the near future. Their reply was they knew what was going to happen. ( Translation = They lied to my group and myself ). Do not trust these folks.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The following is a quote from Leadership:
    'Regarding future layoffs, all we can say at this point is that we DO NOT ever want to layoff anyone. Period. We have great respect for our workforce. We feel we are an extended family and are indeed fortunate to have such skilled dedicated employees. There are absolutely no plans for any layoffs. However if they become unavoidable at some future date we will provide a generous separation package and full career guidance (recruiting services, training, etc).'

So there it is in black and white: no layoffs !! I believe them and ask that you trolls quit the negativity and lies.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you got laid off and no longer work at Abbott, why do you continue to access and post on this board??

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes you are correct. This is an example of a CP troll. He/She never worked here and never got laid off. Just trying to stir things up. There are NO LAYOFFS

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did it ever occur to you that you were a lazy slouch ? That you were no good bottom feeder who was carried until we booted you ? Good Riddance you POS Turd !

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Advice to the everyday worker "Never believe what management says. Their job is to look busy and implement a bunch of nonsense and bs followed by figuring out how to cut cost so they can save their own asses meanwhile boosting their resume for their next job."
    What that means is YOU are a liability if your position can be consolidated, outsourced or sent overseas to save them money.
    Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to quite believing all the college bs and idealism and start looking out for yourselves.
    The company is only worried about the bottom line don't waste your time thinking you are the MVP because when times get lean the knives come out. When I hear management say NO layoffs and I start to see revenues drop that means start hitting "click send" on your resume.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of course there are layoffs disguised by sending my EPD job to Mylan. My last day at Abbott/EPD/Mylan was today for many of us. Call this want you want it was pure salary dump that has not helped the bottom line. Glad I'm out of this place with package in hand.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Advice to our esteemed workers: the above is a prime example of a CP troll trying to excite concern about job security in our rank and file. We value our workforce; you are an extended family. Layoffs are not on the table !! JUST CONCERN YOURSELVES WITH DOING YOUR JOB AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL POSSIBLE AND IGNORE THESE MALICIOUS POSTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a crock. How much kool-aid have you drunk, anyway?
    The post about not believing management is a good one. Yes, do your job, but don't believe that "layoffs are not on the table". That's total BS.

Truth sayer likes this.
  15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This was posted by Nancy Berce or Deb Barnstable, Right?

16. Truth sayer

Truth sayer new user

Im just wondering, you said "Some got cut before that with over 10 years and they get screwed. " What did they not get? they should have had all retirement benefits but maybe not as much as someone with 30 years. curious...

17. cousin Eddy

cousin Eddy Guest

Extended family? A company the size of Abbott knows little about Extended family, Dr Abbott did but that was a century ago, I am praying to get a role with the next "Abbott", this Abbott is all about the bottom line.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Extended family? A company the size of Abbott knows little about Extended family, Dr Abbott did but that was a century ago, I am praying to get a role with the next "Abbott", this Abbott is all about the bottom line.

Where's the diploma and charts ? Friday,Saturday AND Sunday nights posting ?
    Better hide here mole.I agree with your Dr Abbott take though. Don't forget Clara, Who helped partially pay for you schleps kids college.

:DBang :D

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can tell you with first hand experience that someone with 10 years gets a drop in the bucket in pension compared to someone with 30 years, I'm in the latter category. Plus a 10 year employee pays 50% of the insurance premium, where as an employee you pay just 20% of the total premium, a 30 year retiree pays about 23%.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Friday,Saturday AND Sunday nights reading posts? Nice grammar btw, is that you Pooh Bear? The timer is set on your response, we have a pool going.