2016 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by anonymous, Dec 4, 2015 at 10:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey philosopher, isn't there a college campus somewhere waiting for your lecture on how many angels can fit on the head of a pin. Go spew your nonsense on the quad, the grownups are talking.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will give my opinion, having read this post 4 times: no one should expect a free ride in life, we all have to accept the good with the bad. And there is nothing wrong with being mad about our situation. Then that sentence about praising management really bugged me. They are giving us a BOHICA so why should I praise them. BTW I expect I will get sacked by June. I think this post came the HR guy who is adjunct professor in English lit.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As many as God allows, thats how many.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh you whiner and complainer remember what Huxley said... 'Life must be lived forward but understood backward'. This is so profound and makes our day to day pursuits seem just trivial.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A player that makes a team great is more valuable than a great player.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another profound statement, why Leadership is so valued. Yes we appreciate the wisdom imparted by HR.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said IT department is NOT Pharma. Just like operations and plant Janitors are NOT Pharma. They are a moot point in the actual development and sales of Pharma products.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In vino veritas.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You insult me ! I am in IT and have been here for 17 years. My job requires much more skill than a run-of-the-mill sales rep. You need to get reacquired with the facts. Remember the famous quote of A. Huxley: “Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” This pretty much says it all.

Go back in your basement to mummy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sic semper tyrannis

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any former Hospira Austin Texas or Rocky Mount NC IT DEPT. on here that were terminated in 2006 after WiPRO took over ? This was the beginning and a test model for current events I know there's some angry folks from there posting.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

THANK YOU. I feel like a second class citizen around here because I work in IT and will be getting canned. I take consolation in the fact that we ITers know that we are vastly more knowledgeable than any Sales Rep hack ! My ten year old daughter would be a better sales rep than most of these bozos. That's why they add no value to the company.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

me vale madre

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But you ARE a second class citizen. Sorry to break it to you. Here's some consolation: at least you're a notch above HR. Unfortunately, however, because there is value in IT, others have found it profitable to undercut your services. That being the Indians of course. The only safety the HR guys have is that there is no real value in what they do, so no Indians looking to bid on on the service. We pay HR so little there's no money for an outside bidder.

You may hate sales, and I understand why: they get paid several factors more than you, get company cars, are not chained to a desk, and get to goof around half the day. But you could never do what they do: kiss ass all day long. Besides, you're a certified geek. You belong in the basement where no one sees you. Sales reps are picked because they look presentable, can lie with a smile, and can suck up big time.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are absolutely right! Think of all the money the company could save by eliminating all the headcount and overhead in Sales! Brilliant!

You, sir or madam, should be on Miles' op-com. (But you'll have to ditch the Levi's Dockers and flannel shirts.)

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are Dockers no longer a 'thing'?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really don't mind if you sit this one out.
    My words but a whisper your deafness a SHOUT.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How much does Obamacare contribute to these layoffs?