2016 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by anonymous, Dec 4, 2015 at 10:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Time to get ready for next year. Post all RIF rumors and facts here for all to see.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

May I be the first to say there will be no layoffs in 2016.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2015 was not bad. A few cuts here or there.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Soon we will meet BET ON IT

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will be the first to be wrong, there will certainly be layoffs in 2016, the market is not in Abbott's favor and the morale is tanking. Employees do not enjoy coming to work, do not believe that management has their best interest at heart and do not feel supported or secure.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got word Diagnostics has more layoffs coming. They are losing many accounts due to shrinking business. No new products in decades. Perhaps a "facelift" on some products with "new color panels" is not a new model.

Also Abbott is splitting up Diagnostics into 3 groups: Chemistry/ immunoassay, Hemotology and Prism (Blood Bank). The Blood Band product was designed in the early 1980s (Look at the schematics (dates on the service manuals). Similar with Hemotology. Sysmex is taking all the business away without trying. The Sapphire product is a dog and real old. The Abbott made ImmunoAssay products break down all the time.

Abbott is sneaky and deceitful in their marketing about how many "breakdowns". They have a new catagory calls : "PROACTIVE Service Calls". These are an attempt to " HIDE" the breakdowns under another catigory and fool Purchasing Agents. Basically, the Instrument is broken and the Service Folks say they Knew about the Breakdown BEFORE the customer so they say that they INITIATED the Service request.

It is so funny when my Customers say : " the Abbott Sales Team said this instrument has an average of ONE Service call per year ? We have 4 of these instruments and ALL $ have Many breakdowns and it is not due to Operator ERROR or the Environment (lab) "Power, Temp or Contaminated Water or Reagent issues".

The Siemens, Sysmax, Roach Companies are taking all the Abbott Accounts away (very easy to do). On top of that. The Accounts that are not in Hospitals were given to a 3rd Party Company that can not handle the business. All those Customers feel like they were tricked when they bought Abbott Products. Yes they are stuck with the Instruments for a while but when they have the first chance on getting out of a contract or replacing the product they will not even let the Abbott Salespeople into the Hospital (Fool me once it is my issue and Fool me twice it is mine).

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cannot agree anymore. We don't understand why Mr. Brian Blaser is still the head. He should be fired. There is no real new product at all and nearly all the R & D groups have been down sized or shut down completely. The most ironic thing is the slogan for ADD is "transformation".

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is a TIP for any Purchasing Agents. When the Abbot Salesperson is telling you great the product is I recommend that you ASK how many Customers have that model product in the immediate area. The Salesperson will want to get you to buy so they will say MANY. NOW ask for references of all the Customers. You will find that you only get the ones that love the product (few if any). The reason they will not give you the rest is that the other customers are busy and did not allow Abbott to give out names etc.

The way it works is Abbott will call on all the Managers Purchasing folks at Hospitals and ask them how they like the product and service (a Survey ). Then a large list of made of each Hospital and it will have a list of all those folks that answered and not answered the Survey.
    Those folks are labeled as : " Promoters (like the product), Detractors (hate product), and in the middle (can't recall the name). I have seen these lists FIRST hand. When the person answers the questions they are told it is confidential (to who ??).

So if the Sales folks only have detractors they have to tell you something as they already said all the Hospitals have the product and love it. So they say: The Lab MGR and Purchasing agents do not want to be bothered with calls from other Hospitals etc.

Oh yes, If you are a Abbott Employee and are told or implied that your answers to the Employee Survey is Confidential I suggest you rethink answering anything negative. The negative answers are looked at carefully and giving to the managers of the person who answered the survey. Either do not answer the survey or lie and say Abbott is the best thing that every happened to you.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've seen this before with another company. Many here are cool aid drinkers and believe much of the hype.
    Next you will see a big shuffle of management with many of them leaving.
    Lack of innovation + poor management = layoffs
    Get your resume ready

10. Joe Cool

Joe Cool Guest

The meeting with Miles was not encouraging last week, sales are down, our VP Heather seems to be interested in making things happen but I am not sure she has the talent to make things happen. Roger has done well in his last few roles so I am hoping he can continue that success with AN.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heather bailed from ADC when it stared to get rough.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR Monitor:: We continually monitor the posts for Leadership. This personal attack on BB will be reported upline. This is caustic and abrasive language and will not be tolerated !

And talk of layoffs next year is totally unfounded. Leadership has the P&L in line with projections. Any cutbacks will only be self inflicted by poor performance by the sales team.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR monitor What happened to YOU at Morgan Hill ? Why do you photoshop ?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least Nutrition dumped SW. International Nutrition is a house of cards that he hid so the wonder boy would look good.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Idiot

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR Monitor:: Calling Leadership names will only reinforce the Corrective Action that people like you deserve. You are slated for removal, even as 2016 will be a great year for Abbott.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Company sale is pending, hope you can find another internship that pays you to troll people.

19. Oh yeah a few cuts here & there like the entire ADD Dartford UK site

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many? I did not know about that one. Just ADD here in the US and Vascular. Abbott used to be up front about RIFs.....now they are very sneaky.