2015 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 18, 2015 at 7:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Out go the employees. In come the H1Bs.
    Out goes quality. In comes the agency.
    Good plan.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to this thread it starts tomorrow. ADC and ADD are at top to be chopped.

Could be just a bunch of BS.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sue could be..... but then again, the personal calls usually go out on Thursday, and they are told to call in on a conference call on Friday. Job over. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Q2 is almost done. Abbott will announce results in less than three weeks. Now in the danger zone. Don't know about the rumors for today but RIFs always start before the conference call and go until a week or so after. Any clarification on this? I am at ADC and we have had a lot of cuts but no big ones this year.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So when?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Getting ready to pull the trigger.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word at ADC is Dunky is furious at all the leaks here on layoffs, so rather than execute and prove the leak to have been correct, he has been killing us by a small but steady stream of cuts.

Also heard he is literally in a rage that his BS is getting immediately shot down here, and he's blaming that for the reason no one at ADC believes a word he says. His propaganda machine has been broken wide open. He's like Hitler in his bunker in the last days of WWII.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make sure you put the barrel in your mouth !

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LAYOFFS SEPTEMBURRRRRR LOLOLOL

but srsly. September. Watch ur butts.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are spot on. A coworker of mine just got laid off in the Diagnostics and he was with the Company for a long time and in his 60's. Real nice. All that does is tell me that when a better opportunity comes along I should jump ship.

I like the Hitler comparison. Reminds me of a Hogan's Heroes episode where the Prisoners are imitating Hitler : " To The German people ..is you have heard rumors that Hamburg and Berlin are destroyed due to the Allied air raids I ORDER you Not to believe the Rumors...EVEN IF THEY ARE TRUE !"

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry nope. Adolf and Eva were married only 30 hours before their death.... some say it way cyanide poisoning, but most knowledgable historians agree they were probably boinking themselves to death... I don't see that ever happening to Dunky....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop talking about your Daddy like that

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think that poster was talking about Daddy..... maybe the SD Mommy?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

git rid of IT like everyone says you will watch it all crumble from my lawn chair

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Second quarter announcement on 7/22. RIFs soon after that if any. Not that many RIFs this year so maybe we will be ok.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

deepup enya will save the day.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sergei said were being sold to Pfizer next week.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Sergei said were being sold..."

Sorry, the Spelling Nazi says: NO! Sober up and type again tomorrow!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't think so

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Qualcomm is cutting 4000 tomorrow....bet Miles can beat that.